Votes: 47 6.2%
  • NGK iridium

Votes: 69 9.0%
  • Accel Platinum

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Autolite Platinum

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
I believe in using what the bike comes with from the factory as they always seem to work well. I do the same with all my vehicles. If the factory uses them, they must be ok. Just my Opinion .

Last edited:
I've always used the HD plugs myself. Much easier than dealing with codes.

No real benefit to the fancy plugs, they are mostly used for longevity where the plugs are not too accessible.

On the 2009 using HD plugs because that's what came with it, will probably continue to use them. On the EVO and Shovel always used Champion plugs.

I've alway used Champion plugs. The first tune up on the Dyna I changed up to Champion and have always used them on the 72FX

Shack

ION sensing, I had no idea how that worked. I may never get any work done again with all of the amazing info on this board.

Thought I'd save a couple of bucks and ignored the advice here, dismissing them as bunch of nay-sayers. Installed Champion's and made my engine under load sound like a metallic popcorn machine. Switched back to the HD plug and now both motor and me are very happy!

Lesson learned!

I run Champion plugs in my 06 FLHTCI, in my 95 FLHST (96" Stroker), and my 1988 xlh.
They all run great.

If I didn't have a carbed bike I would run the H/D plugs but I have no problems with the Autolite 4164, with my carbed bike.

Back