free website stats program spark plug color | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

spark plug color

With all of the additives, ethenol etc... does anyone recommend a cleaner etc to run with the gas from time to time ?

Ethenol is the most damaging additive to the bike (and our economy but that's another story). Basically it's a form of alcohol and it mixes (and holds) water easily.

I always run some sort of stabilizer in my gas. If I don't I have problems with my IAC. I found one the other day I really like but can't remember the name of it. Just look around and read on them.

With all of the additives, ethenol etc... does anyone recommend a cleaner etc to run with the gas from time to time ?

Had an interesting talk with a knowledgeable employee at Home Depot the other day. Like many, I'm having problems with the way my lawn mower starts and runs. He told me the gas today with the ethanol in it has a shelf life of 30-45 days. Not a big problem with cars and trucks usually burning through a tank every week or two. But lawn equipment (and our bikes at times) can easily sit longer than that with the same gas in the tank and that's where the problems are cropping up. Home Depot sells a small bottle (forget the name) that treats 5 gallons and supposedly neutralizes the ethanol bad effects. I've seen similar products at HD dealerships and auto supply stores.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to respond to this particular post.

Had an interesting talk with a knowledgeable employee at Home Depot the other day. Like many, I'm having problems with the way my lawn mower starts and runs. He told me the gas today with the ethanol in it has a shelf life of 30-45 days. Not a big problem with cars and trucks usually burning through a tank every week or two. But lawn equipment (and our bikes at times) can easily sit longer than that with the same gas in the tank and that's where the problems are cropping up. Home Depot sells a small bottle (forget the name) that treats 5 gallons and supposedly neutralizes the ethanol bad effects. I've seen similar products at HD dealerships and auto supply stores.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to respond to this particular post.

Deprecated Browser Error Maybe one of these products DR?

Back