free website stats program "Spacer" of sorts for shifter peg after installing floorboard extenders? | Harley Davidson Forums

"Spacer" of sorts for shifter peg after installing floorboard extenders?

martysnarf

Hi All!

I have had my floorboard extenders on my '09 SG for quite some time now, and I love them. One thing that would improve functionality though would be if I could somehow extend my shifter peg out in proportion to the inch that I have extended my floorboards out. I find myself having to kind of "reach in" with my toe to shift.

I seem to remember seeing someone mention a solution for this somewhere on here during the summer, but I have searched and can't find it now.

Does anyone know of a spacer or product to accomplish this? I'm sure it's a common request for those with floorboard extenders.

Thanks!!

If you remove the shift peg (heat the shifter arm, there's locktite on the threads) then reverse the lever itself and reinstall the shifter peg, it will move it outwards.

If you remove the shift peg (heat the shifter arm, there's locktite on the threads) then reverse the lever itself and reinstall the shifter peg, it will move it outwards.

WOW- cool idea- and free too! I'll dig into that- THANKS!

I installed the kuryakyn longhorn shifter peg
I then took the bolt out of the oe harley peg
cut the rubber peg in half and slid it
over the shifter shaft worked out well

Back