free website stats program Southern California HD Dealers - Opinion | Harley Davidson Forums

Southern California HD Dealers - Opinion

I live in the Lakewood/Long Beach area and purchased my bike at GHD (Glendale), but thinking about using an HD dealer in the area for service, etc. What are your opinions and comments about the following HD dealers in the area:

HD Westminster
HD Harbor City
HD Anehiem/Fullerton
HD Los Angeles-Southgate

Have a great evening.

I know this doesn't answer your question but - don't be afraid to get a service manual and do routine services and easy mods yourself. Save some money and get the satisfaction of touching your bike in places other than the grips!

I know this doesn't answer your question but - don't be afraid to get a service manual and do routine services and easy mods yourself. Save some money and get the satisfaction of touching your bike in places other than the grips!

Doc,

Thanks for the suggestion. The bike has not be in the shop for its first 1000K checkup yet. As time goes on, I planned to get my hands dirt and try to do my own general maintenance.

I know with the service manual and this forum, I can accomplish almost anything with my bike.

Have a great day and a better weekend.

You may find some input on those dealers here...

AUTHORIZED H-D $tealers Dealer$

Good Evening Eveyone,

My bike is at the Glendale HD stealer for the 4th time for the same problem (engine oil case leak). I am getting tired of GHD and their so-called award winning customer/lip service.

I really need your opinions about the stealers listed below. I did take Glider advice to check the dealer listing via the stealer-dealer website, but still need your thoughts and comments.

HD Westminster
HD Harbor City
HD Anehiem/Fullerton
HD Los Angeles-Southgate

Mike

If it's been there 4 times and still leaking, I see no reason not to try another dealer that may have someone capable of diagnosing/fixing the problem. Usually the problem is the tech there and finding someone that knows what they are doing makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck.

Mike

If it's been there 4 times and still leaking, I see no reason not to try another dealer that may have someone capable of diagnosing/fixing the problem. Usually the problem is the tech there and finding someone that knows what they are doing makes all the difference in the world.

Good luck.

Thanks Glider. I picked the bike up this past Saturday, so far so good, but that is what I said the last time that I picked the bike up. As far as the tech, I did request a different tech, but when received my copy of the work order, it had the same tech as the other times.

Does eveyone have problems with stealers or is it just poor me?

Have a good day.

Does everyone have problems with stealers or is it just poor me?

Have a good day.

Mike,
I have very little good to say about any experiences I have had with most dealers. The one that I did think very highly of, lost the service manager because they didn't want to pay him what he was worth. Since then, they went down a few pegs on the service department just about to the basement. Just can't win with these dealers. They are all out to make the $$$ but only some give you quality work in exchange.

JMHO from personal experiences with many dealers.

Mike,
I have very little good to say about any experiences I have had with most dealers. The one that I did think very highly of, lost the service manager because they didn't want to pay him what he was worth. Since then, they went down a few pegs on the service department just about to the basement. Just can't win with these dealers. They are all out to make the $$$ but only some give you quality work in exchange.

JMHO from personal experiences with many dealers.

Glider et al,

It may have to do more with the business of staying competitive, keeping your head above water. Independent shops are generally run by guys that have "made their bones" by working for someone (You can read dealers) for little compensation. The way of the economic world dictates that the job must get done for the lowest possible cost, not a good formula for the customer; remember the $900.00 toilet seat or the $ 400.00 hammer?

I don't think that any businessman starts his day with the idea of seeing who they can screw today but more like how am I going to keep this going and pay the bills. JMHO.

Best to all,

Pixs
:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

I don't think that any businessman starts his day with the idea of seeing who they can screw today but more like how am I going to keep this going and pay the bills. JMHO.

Best to all,

Pixs

While your statement probably holds true for most dealers (reputable) there are a few only in it to keep afloat and make the bucks and yet produce shoddy sub standard work. I know of one in particular that I use to deal with that developed a very bad habit and was doing VERY shady practices to afford what he was doing.
I personally think there should be a review of dealers by the parent company and when the complaints out weigh the kudos, they should have their ticket pulled as a dealer. Maybe there would be more pride in the work they turn out then.

Back