free website stats program south fla. riders | Harley Davidson Forums

south fla. riders

kyhdman

thinking about heading down around valentines to ride for a few days with wife.
she has an aunt in chokoloskee island she would like to visit so probably be in that area. any suggestion on good rides,good places to see, good places to stay and eat and if anyone would like to hook-up for a ride or go out to eat.only draw back if you can call it that is about 200 to 250 miles a day is all
the wife wants to ride and i feel lucky for her to be there for that.

As I had never heard of Chokoloskee Island I pulled out my Florida Atlas backroad edition. I thought I lived in a remote area of Florida but your wife's aunt has me beat. Looks like the best riding you'll get in that area is the ride from Hw 41/90 on Hw 29 down to the island. Most of the roads in the area are pretty stright and it's a long way to just about anything. If your wife is set on riding and would like to keep it under 250mi. looks like the best bet is to head north up 29 to La Belle and turn right and head over toward Lake Okeechobee. There are some good places to eat south of Clewiston. Maybe some of our members that live and ride down there can give you the name of some places around the lake.

hddon thanks for the response thats kinda what i thought would be the case its kinda at the end of the rope there is some pretty areas around lake okee used to spend about a month twice a yr at the lake when i was into bass tourny fishing but that was about 15 yrs ago.always liked the clewiston area. maybe i should bring the ranger boat instead of the harley lol but shes just not much of a fishing person and on that lake theres just not much place for a woman bathroom break except a minnow bucket if you know what i mean.

Sorry none of our south Fl members have signed in and given you some good places to eat. I have a few friends in the Ft. Pierce and Port St. Lucy area, I'll give them a call tomorrow and get back you.

Back