free website stats program Sound or Power | Harley Davidson Forums

Sound or Power

Would you choose sound or power for a head pipe ?

• Power

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Sound

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

kabory

Hello all,
I traded my 11 wide glide for a 16 Road Glide Special. I am researching full exhaust. I am undecided on going with Dresser Duals or Power Duals.
I have decided on staying with dual exhaust and all products will be V&H
FP3
Naked Air Filter
Monster Rounds exhaust
Dresser or Power Duals
Which would you or have you choosen ?
Power
Sound

I wonder if you had loud pipes on the FXDWG.They can get annoying,especially on long rides.But if your used to them.Either one will be louder than stock,right?

Loud DOES not always mean more power
Length of pipe , diameter baffles and cylinder fill is where you get your power, Heat helps scavenging the exhaust based on valve overlap, and size of cylinders, dome of heads etc, Too much heat can be bad thing Your ride u decide I may be wrong but I do have an exhaust formula written by Jerry Branch;)

Noise is very tiring. The fact that now you have a great touring bike I would advise to ride it stock and see if you can enjoy it as is. I had Rush mufflers on 2008 EG for a couple years and could not take the noise and headaches any more. Reinstalled O.E. mufflers and have doubled my riding time in the saddle. And by the way the addition of a air cleaner and full exhaust is only going to add approx. 10-15 additional H.P. Be sure that if you move forward you have a matched set so that bike performs flawlessly. So as Jack stated it your ride you decide.

Not talking about loud, talking about sound. Dressers or true duals give you that traditional Harley sound, where you can hear each cylinder. The new Power duals or Tru X head pipes, mix the sound from both cylinders and it is not as pronounced, but you do get the advantage of extra power. So I will rephrase the question.
Would you sacrifice the Harley sound for a small gain in power.

Not talking about loud, talking about sound. Dressers or true duals give you that traditional Harley sound, where you can hear each cylinder. The new Power duals or Tru X head pipes, mix the sound from both cylinders and it is not as pronounced, but you do get the advantage of extra power. So I will rephrase the question.
Would you sacrifice the Harley sound for a small gain in power.
The answer would be is the upgrade also going to give financial satisfaction also.

I have 4 inch Rineharts that I took off my prev ultra thinking I was going to put them on the 15 but than decided to just leave the bike stock, maybe as I get older I lean more to a quieter ride, most of them are in the 700 mile 2 or 3 day trips and music has become my friend and the deap sound from the Rineharts as nice as it is, may just stay in my past.
But extra sound from after market pipes do get the attention from someone drifting into my lane, so I guess I'm on the fence on this one.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Back