free website stats program sound coming from front of motor? any help | Harley Davidson Forums

sound coming from front of motor? any help

Mustang

Yesterday i was riding and started hearing a grumbling noises from the front lower part of the motor? When iam on the gas it seems to go away, when i stop and pull in clutch it comes back, also make the nosies in neutral. Any ideas of what it might be or any way to check to find out any and all sugestion would be great. Bike is a 2004 softail

Yesterday i was riding and started hearing a grumbling noises from the front lower part of the motor? When iam on the gas it seems to go away, when i stop and pull in clutch it comes back, also make the nosies in neutral. Any ideas of what it might be or any way to check to find out any and all sugestion would be great. Bike is a 2004 softail

Check the compensator sprocket nut; it may be coming loose.

Ditto.

Happened to my '03 UC. If you do not get to it quickly, the rotor will wallow around on the stator and something is gonna tear up. In my case, it was the teeth on the inside of the rotor hole that slide onto the drive shaft. Drive shaft sheared those all off. After I fixed it, the stator fried in a few weeks. That messed up the VR.

So, "git 'er done"!!

TQ

Back