free website stats program soon to be new harley owner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

soon to be new harley owner

Good looking ride,so now are you going to ride it first ,or change things?

Yeah but of course ride it first. Put some Kuryakyn iso grips on and drag specialties style foot pegs on. I have a side mount liscense plate and the chrome turn signal rings coming. I like the stock location of where my hands set but don't like the big speedo so I need to look into finding a smaller one or maybe one of those long oval ones. Also as you can see in the picture I had the add on passenger seat put on but I didn't realized that they bolted together so I got another stock solo seat off ebay for 50 bucks and went to my local bike shop and got another one of those seat nuts that go under the fender that the seat bolts to so now when i give the girl a ride I just have to take one bolt out. Next big money thing for me to do with it is exhaust. Been looking into 2into1 exhaust, maybe cobra or python. It's a great bike, more nimble than expected. Quite a bit slower than i'm used to also, but that's because i'm coming off of litre bikes, getting used to it though. I sure am glad i went with the dyna instead of the sporty though.

Good choice! Now Stage1,and TFI to go along with your pipes! We can help you spend your money and make it quicker:D

Welcome to the Harley Family and this forum. I also have to agree ride the bike and get used to it and if you then want to change you will have had time to shop for what you want

Sent you a PM about the speedo.

Here is some info for you about bars.

First, when I got my FXDI, I loved it because I'd always wanted a Harley. I didn't love the look of the Super Glide. Immediately upon buying it, I started a buying frenzy which turned out to be a total waste of money. Almost everything I purchased ended up on ebay at a significant loss. Follow the advice others have offered here. Ride it like it is and learn what you want and need. I finally envisioned what I wanted my Super Glide to look like and started buying based on that. Two years later, it is getting close.

The bars on the FXDI are challenging because the speedo bracket is integrated into the handle bar riser clamp. It has been this way for years, and guys have come up with several ways to work around it. I found the stock buckhorn bars awful. I was getting pain in my back from the position the bars put my hands and arms in. I went with the mini-apes from a Street Bob. Take-offs were easy to find and the were cheap. I also used take-off cables. Lots of other options out there.

Congrats on the new ride and let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.

6K313461a.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I like that sortof grin on your face in the first picture. I'm sure I still look exactly the same way today.

Welcome to the addiction! I too came over from sport bikes. Actually, I should say *old* sportbikes, my last ride was an 82' Suzuki GS650E. Anyway, you'll love that bike, handles well and comfortable to ride. I love mine. Definitely do your research into accessories first, you can waste a whole lot of money real quick. I bought the quick detach windshield and wish I had bought a taller one. But, live and learn! :Banane42:

Welcome to the Harley family road82. You will enjoy the ride for sure. My 08 FXDC is my first & is great. I love riding every chance I get.

I did the same thing FXD2007. I bought the compact quick detach & realized I wanted a taller shield. I got lucky & found a guy on a site like this that wanted to sell or trade a taller shield & was wanting to buy the exact shield I had. So we made a trade & both of us are very happy. Worked out great. Sure glad I was surfing the blog that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back