free website stats program soon to be new harley owner | Harley Davidson Forums

soon to be new harley owner

Well I finally made the switch between sport bikes to harley. Going to be picking up my 09 fxd in a week or two and had a question for someone that could help me. I have always loved the look of "drag" bars and want to get some for my bike. After sitting on the dyna at the dealer I really liked the hand position of the stock bars but don't like the look of them. Can anyone tell me what rise and pull back and center section size i would need to get them in the same position as stock? I would like to get some bars ordered before i go pick the bike up. :cheers

You say you like the feel of the bars,but not the look of them.My suggestion is to leave it alone for a few weeks after you get it,you may find that the look grows on you and if it does you have saved yourself some moneyJMO

I'm with everyone else. Don't do anything to a new bike, especially since it's your first Harley. Ride it a bit and get used to its personality and unique characteristics. Then you can make rational decisions about what you want to add/change/modify.

Quick question. How exactly does the rear seat attach? Wondering because when give the girlfriend a ride and am done i want to take the back seat off. I know it might be a dumb question but i would like to know before i go get the bike. FYI it's a fxd and the dealer is putting on forward controls and passenger seat and foot pegs.

I installed drag bars on my 1994 dyna FXR yesterday, pullbacks and hight are all what you perfer and most bars will have a 3.5" spread and are pretty universal. The bars I got were not necessarily for my bike but they fit just fine and look alot better than the bars that came on the bike.

I'd go to the rack of bars at youre local dealer and try them on a bike that matches youres. Be careful not to scratch any thing and enjoy the ODD looks you get !

Back