free website stats program sometime it runs great and somtime it dont | Harley Davidson Forums

sometime it runs great and somtime it dont

chil01

my 92 softail runs great when I crank the gas and go through the gears great high rpms prefect,however sometimes it will spit and miss and will not take the gas.If it was a intake leak it would do it all the time.thanks:newsmile04:

my 92 softail runs great when I crank the gas and go through the gears great high rpms prefect,however sometimes it will spit and miss and will not take the gas.If it was a intake leak it would do it all the time.thanks:newsmile04:

It would probably be worse when it was warmed up fully. Try some cleaning additive in the fuel like Smitty said, either sea foam or Marvel mystery oil will work.

Marvel Mystery Oil - Harley Davidson Community

Sea Foam - Harley Davidson Community

I would also check for something grounding out, bare wire which only hits metal ever now and then. I had an 65 panhead which did that and after messing with the carb over and over a friend noiced a wire going to the starter which seem to hit metal only sometimes, like when i had a rider on board.

Back