Something You Folks Up North Don't Have To Worry About

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Dr. Dolittle, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Read lots of threads from the folks up North complaining about all the snow and ice and how they can't get out and ride much. Well at least you didn't have a day like mine so far. Sunny and temps in the high 40's to low 50's and my wife says, "You know, you never have raked up all the leaves in the back yard like you said you were going to do for the last couple months. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Maybe you should go out and get some fresh air and get it done."

Well, I spent the last 2 1/2 hours raking and bagging, listening to bikes roar by in the distance, and I can't stand it anymore. I'm not done but I'm sneaking out for a ride while everyone else is out doing errands. Be back for the Super Bowl and a slight butt-chewing but it'll be worth it!

See Ya!!!

2. Ken S.

Ken S. Active Member

I'd rather be raking leaves and then going for a ride, than sitting here looking out the window at a foot of snow.

you still have it made. :D

3. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

4. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Live in the south and I learned a long time ago not to rake , but get a Red Max or Shinndaiwa backpack blower and blow the leaves in a pile, then pick um up. Works real well and takes very little time,, I call it working smart, not hard.

5. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

Uh, I don't know which part we don't have to worry about?

Nagging wife offering a butt chewing.....Got one.

Leaves that need to be raked....Got those too.

We just have to do it in October, and yes we have to listen to the roar of bikes in the background too. It just cuts our short riding season shorter!

:D

6. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

Are you kidding me?. Raking leaves in the falls, got one too.

7. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Do you only have one rake? I f so I would suggest a new rake for Mothers Day or the next Birthday whichever comes first. That way instead of nagging you to do it she can help. That way it gets done quicker and you can both get on to doing something fun.

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Hey Dr. Is this post supposed to make us feel good?????:bigsmiley15:

9. drake

drake Senior Member

Seems like a no brainer to me! Would much rather be raking leaves than shoveling snow. Never have slipped and fallen in a pile of leaves!!!

10. toad451

toad451 Member

I don't feel bad, I got out a rode around a bit today. It was cold but it was worth it. That's what's nice about Utah, we get snow but it can also clear up so we can ride a bit.