free website stats program Something You Folks Up North Don't Have To Worry About | Harley Davidson Forums

Something You Folks Up North Don't Have To Worry About

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Read lots of threads from the folks up North complaining about all the snow and ice and how they can't get out and ride much. Well at least you didn't have a day like mine so far. Sunny and temps in the high 40's to low 50's and my wife says, "You know, you never have raked up all the leaves in the back yard like you said you were going to do for the last couple months. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Maybe you should go out and get some fresh air and get it done."

Well, I spent the last 2 1/2 hours raking and bagging, listening to bikes roar by in the distance, and I can't stand it anymore. I'm not done but I'm sneaking out for a ride while everyone else is out doing errands. Be back for the Super Bowl and a slight butt-chewing but it'll be worth it!

See Ya!!!

I'd rather be raking leaves and then going for a ride, than sitting here looking out the window at a foot of snow.

you still have it made. :D

Live in the south and I learned a long time ago not to rake , but get a Red Max or Shinndaiwa backpack blower and blow the leaves in a pile, then pick um up. Works real well and takes very little time,, I call it working smart, not hard.

Uh, I don't know which part we don't have to worry about?

Nagging wife offering a butt chewing.....Got one.

Leaves that need to be raked....Got those too.

We just have to do it in October, and yes we have to listen to the roar of bikes in the background too. It just cuts our short riding season shorter!

:D

Read lots of threads from the folks up North complaining about all the snow and ice and how they can't get out and ride much. Well at least you didn't have a day like mine so far. Sunny and temps in the high 40's to low 50's and my wife says, "You know, you never have raked up all the leaves in the back yard like you said you were going to do for the last couple months. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Maybe you should go out and get some fresh air and get it done."

Well, I spent the last 2 1/2 hours raking and bagging, listening to bikes roar by in the distance, and I can't stand it anymore. I'm not done but I'm sneaking out for a ride while everyone else is out doing errands. Be back for the Super Bowl and a slight butt-chewing but it'll be worth it!

See Ya!!!

Do you only have one rake? I f so I would suggest a new rake for Mothers Day or the next Birthday whichever comes first. That way instead of nagging you to do it she can help. That way it gets done quicker and you can both get on to doing something fun.

Hey Dr. Is this post supposed to make us feel good?????:bigsmiley15:

Seems like a no brainer to me! Would much rather be raking leaves than shoveling snow. Never have slipped and fallen in a pile of leaves!!!

I don't feel bad, I got out a rode around a bit today. It was cold but it was worth it. That's what's nice about Utah, we get snow but it can also clear up so we can ride a bit.

Back