free website stats program Something to check out? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Something to check out?

what about mud and stuff from the construction guys ? i see it a lot here
Well, unfortunately I can't really blame the road yet. I drove it about 4 times today in the truck, (I should have drove the truck with blinky lights, I would have stopped & blocked some traffic to walk it) I may do that tomorrow. However, the road seemed smooth enough so I'm just about ready to say 'oh well'.

I had the bike on the lift this evening and still couldn't find anything. Could it have been a vibration from the wind shield I have read about? I'm taking the bike down Monday morning to have tires put on, so I stopped by today to see if we were still ago and told the guys about it and they said they would check it out for me. The other cool thing about these guys, they have no problem letting me hang out, watch them work on the bike, and I will get to learn a little more! Can't wait! I go this route to their shop, so on the way home, I will get to check it out on the bike again. I'll let you know.

Its cool when ya find a place that lets ya watch .. I get a lot of people that ask me in what i repair if i mind if they watch always tell um as long as ya are willing to bs and are nto goign to tell me how to do my job hang out

we have a lot of tech who make the people go away

I know what you mean. Sometimes I have people who want to watch what I do, I am like you, I don't mind, but don't tell me how to do it! With standby for work this weekend, I won't be able to take the bike out until Monday. (can't hear the phone ring!)

Okay, here's where we are. I went back & rode the stretch of road with the bike & old tires, I couldn't make the same situation happen again. Then, I went to the shop & got the new tires. After I left, I went back & road that route again, and still, no problems. So, I'm satisfied that the bike is okay. I think that there may be some wash boarding in the road, but it is very faint and I think that the way the bike hits it may be a factor. So until the next time, I will not worry about it.

As for the day at the shop, that was great. Boy, did I learn a lot. First, I tend to take things apart by taking the obvious off first, then I figure out that I need to remove this, and remove that etc. I can't always say that I use the best method, but I get through it eventually. The guys down there just saved me a lot of grief in the future. I did have them to check it all out and see what they thought about the front end. Everything seems to be right. Now, I just have to go out & ride these new Metzler's, I hear I'm gonna like them. :D

Joy,

We're all relieved it was nothing with the bike. Not as much as you are, though!

Joy let us know how you like those Metzlers. Think those will be the next set for me also. Thanks, Fuzz

Joy let us know how you like those Metzlers. Think those will be the next set for me also. Thanks, Fuzz
Fuzzman, I will let you know. I have the next week off work, it will be later next week before I get to ride, but I will let you know. As of now, I only have 7 miles on it. :D

Back