free website stats program Something better then Dunlop? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Something better then Dunlop?

Is that each or for both?

I'd almost be scared to run something that cost so little, at least on the bike.

You'll have to let us know who they hold up after a few thousand miles.

i have had these tires on my bike for roughly 3k plus miles... and still have not been able to find any downside to them... i have riden them in both hot dry conditions as well as rainy, handle just as well in both environments. And the price is roughly for both including shipping.

dunlop all the way. the new touring tire is soft on sides, sturdier in the middle. i still ride like a banshee, no issue or slips at all.....on the sport bike i only used dunlop, they earned my opinion...

Any opinions on Continentals? Used to ride a metric (Vulcan 1500) that had Continental ContiTours on it - Radical tread design (looked more like a crotch rocket tire) but got a little over 6000 miles on the rear tire with little noticable wear before I got rid of it - They handled great with very good wet pavement traction - It's getting time to relpace my rear tire on the Ultra soon - Any experience with these tires on a Harley?

Well, after finally getting the FXR back, I have had a chance to do a lot of sport riding, mostly at night, and I'm here to report I really LOVE the Michelin Commanders I had installed front and back.

Never had Michelins on a bike before, and I like them a lot. Not sure if I like them better than Avon's, which I have on my FXRS, but I am told I can expect a lot more mileage out of the Michelins.

Anybody else try them?

I will second this i have about 3500 miles on them so far and its like night and day and they realllllly pump water in the rain you can see a rooster tail like on a jet ski .. we shall see how mileage next year as i wont get enough miles to judge before snow flys

the rear sidewall was a lot harder than the dunlops i changed them out myself

07 Ultra - 90/95% is 2-up riding with 25% of that is both side bags and tour pack loaded, back and forth to Ks. and Ill. to visit family. The back tire, Dunlop, that came with the bike I got 8,353 miles out of it. The second Dunlop only got 6,794 ( 2,721 miles of that was the 2-up, packed, trip from home to S.D. , Neb. , Ks then back home.) I know have the Mich. Commander MU 85 - B 15 - M/C 77 H on the back with only 860 miles on it. The info. on the side of the tire states - "Tread Plies 2 Aramid + 3 polyester" "Sidewall Plies 3 poly". I bought this tire from my indy for $ 199.65 - took old on off, Mnt.& blnc. and put it back on the scoot. So far it seems to be doing good. It also has on the sidewall - "Made in Spain" !!???

Back