free website stats program Someone help me find out if this is a real motor and what kind if so | Harley Davidson Forums

Someone help me find out if this is a real motor and what kind if so

Tomasini727

I have this table made of a harley davidson motor is am told .. can anyone help me identify the motor or info if anyone has seen this before

Attachments

• 1468943558638.jpg
    1468943558638.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1468943568057.jpg
    1468943568057.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 64
It certainly looks like a real engine. It's an "Evolution" made from 1984 - 2000 (for certain models). It could be a hollow block, or fully functional. If you can lift it by yourself, it's probably a model.

Would be a serious waste for someone to use what looks like a "new" EVO to make a table. As Breeze said above, if you can lift the engine part of the table by yourself without some serious grunting and risk of a hernia, then it is probably not a working engine. That doesn't mean it is not engine parts, it just means that the guts may not be there.

Take the air cleaner cover off and see what is behind it. If there is a filter element, and there is a carburetor behind the backing plate, then it is starting to suggest that it may be real.

Where did you get it? If you bought it, how much was it (ballpark)? A new working EVO is gonna start around $2,500 depending on displacement and go up from there. So if you bought this "table" for much less, then someone did not know what they had, or it is not a working engine.

Let us know what you figure out. Got our curiosity up!!!

Cheers,

TQ

Very popular seller @ events like Sturgis a few years back

Looks like a REAL EVO to me... Made larger and had a look... Carb is there and too much Normal Engine looks front and back...
With table ? about 90 to 100 lbs?

Get her Running...

signed....BUBBIE

Back