free website stats program Someone has a loose screw ... | Harley Davidson Forums

Someone has a loose screw ...

gadzooks

Did anyone ever tell you that you had a loose screw? I have to admit that I had one ... the one holding my taillight lens cover on ... and then it fell out. So I call the HD Stealer and the guy tells me they have it -- for $2. That's fine, but this dealer isn't exactly the closest to my house, although I like the folks who work there.

I called the HD Stealer that is closer to where I work and ask them if they have it in stock -- Yep, and it only costs $3.99.

How did we go from $2 to $3.99 for that crappy little screw? I guess that I've been trained to expect to pay $2 for a crappy little screw like that, even though I could pull out the one that's still in my taillight and go to the hardware store and match it up to one in the bins for 30 cents. But I'm not going to pay $3.99 for that screw.

They also must have a screw loose at that dealership. :D

Thats nothing..

I wanted to get the Hd mud flap for the front fender.

They offered 2 packages (both flaps identical)

Package 1 had screws $89.00
Package 2 had none $60.00

$29.00 for SCREWS ?????

I bought the cheaper one and got some screws at the local hardware store for about $2.00

Go figure

All of us with a Harley.... has loose screws. When cleaning my bike I noticed a screw loose while drying it down. Got out the tools and found the correct torx and tighten it down. Then I spend another hour looking and finding several loose connections. Every few months it's a good idea to check when you are planning to clean your ride to check for loose screws and bolts. Last week end leaving for an all day ride I noticed my wife's rear tire looked low. Pumped it up and after 1/2 hour started to go down again. Pumped it up and we took off for the Harley dealer and guess what? Tire had a screw in it and had to purchased a new tire before we could get on the road. So.. all you Harley riders check your screws because my wife picked up the one falling off your bike.

Last edited:
Thats nothing..

I wanted to get the Hd mud flap for the front fender.

They offered 2 packages (both flaps identical)

Package 1 had screws $89.00
Package 2 had none $60.00

$29.00 for SCREWS ?????

I bought the cheaper one and got some screws at the local hardware store for about $2.00

Go figure

Yeah, but they weren't Harley screws! :lolrolling

Tire had a screw in it and had to purchased a new tire before we could get on the road. So.. all you Harley riders check your screws because my wife picked up the one falling off your bike.

That might be mine. Can you mail it back to me? 41 cents for a stamp is better than $3.99 at the Stealer. :D

My turn signal cover fell off a few weeks ago. I stopped in at a local mtorcycle shop (not the HD Dealer) and he gave me the two screws when i bought the turn signal cover. The turn signal cover was a big $2.00. For little things like that I never go to the dealer because of the prices.

Back