free website stats program Some Questions About Overpants | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some Questions About Overpants

i have 3 pairs and the last pair is the shower proof ones and yep they work as well :D not tested the vevlar yet

Hey Hobbit - how are the Dragggin' Jeans on warm days? I've ridden the last few summers here in Georgia with standard jeans so I guess I'm looking for a comparison to that. About the same or does the Kevlar make them a bit hotter when the outside temps go up?

I'm seriously starting to consider the lightest, mesh,armored pants I can find with a waterproof liner. Most reviews say the Goretex material, while perfectly waterproof, is a bit too warm on hot humid days. I figure it's always easier to start as light as possible and layer as needed for warmth and/or wet conditions. Looking at the offerings from Tourmaster, Olympia, First Gear, and Hein Gericke. The Joe Rocket Alter Egos looked OK but I don't want to have to zip out any panels for ventilation.

the chaps are cool for me for all day riding, but i've been getting by pretty good with a pair of long johns and flannel lined carhartt jeans...

the chaps are cool for me for all day riding, but i've been getting by pretty good with a pair of long johns and flannel lined carhartt jeans...

Did you have to go a size up on the Carhartt jeans to fit over your flannels/jeans. I'm looking to order a set.

OK, this is starting to drive me crazy!

Just checked out the Joe Rocket...I guess I'm searching for the motorcycle equivalent of the Holy Grail!

Dr.D...you are have just come full circle...if you want protection, go with the basics...Kneedragger Jeans by Joe Rocket:

tn27s30.jpg

If you want warmth, go with thermals underneath (they go inside the boots so no cold air up the pant legs).

If you want water resistance Frog Togs or Dry Rider, or Nylon Jacket/Bib coveralls (thin and pack away easily).

If you want it all, include some Gerbing thermal liner and gloves...cause when all is said and done, layers are the best to control the riding environ easier with less bulk. The thermals I wear automatically if I know things are going to get cold or foggy, the rest I add depending on need, except the Gerbing' cause I have not hit the "FRIGID" barrier yet to need them, being in California...but you never know!!!

:newsmile036: I like to keep it simple and layer so I can adjust with the weather.Below 40* I start out with compression long johns jeans & Chaps.
when it hits 50* off with the Chaps if it goes above 65* and were on a long ride I'll pull into someplace and remove the LJ's. on top a compression shirt then a light fleece finished off with my leather jacket with a zip out thinsulate liner.This gives me lots of options. Frog Togs in the bags.:bigsmiley11: WORKS FOR ME!

Dr. Doolittle, and others, if you weve 30 feet of 30 gauge wire in a set of long johns (aprox $20.00) and hook it to a small 12 dc motor controller (aprox $20.00) You can stay warm even down to 20 deg at 70 mph. also can be done to jacket liner or a old shirt. Thats what we did on back hoes in michigan, to stay warm while working

Flannel lined jeans (Army Navy store) under Frank Thomas water proof overpants.

Cycle Gear - FRANK THOMAS: XTi Aqua Waterproof Motorcycle Pants, BLACK

They also have (removable) knee and hip protection.

Leather jacket over several layers of flannel or heavy cotton shirts, full face helmet, balaclava, and heated gloves.

I've worn them in 25 deg. weather and was comfortable. To be honest, I really have no desire to ride in weather colder than that so don't know how much lower the temps could go where I'd still be comfortable.
DSCN0267.jpg

Back