free website stats program Some "person" keyed my bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some "person" keyed my bike

Personally I would not paint the bike just yet. Somebody out there is mad at you and more then likely will be back. I would invest some money into a silent alarm that pages you when activated. Thats just me though.

Personally I would not paint the bike just yet. Somebody out there is mad at you and more then likely will be back. I would invest some money into a silent alarm that pages you when activated. Thats just me though.
That is a scary probability Ultra. I would much have a random act of vandalism done to my bike by say some guy who hates Harley's for whatever reason, than somebody who's mad at me and is waiting in the wings to do it again.
Just hope it was a one time deal and it's not going to happen again. I wish for your sake that somehow that creep was caught on video surveillance and you were notified. I think the alarm system is a great idea!

The keying of a vehicle is a personal statement. You know this person, and the desire is to hurt you, where it will have guaranteed impact. Wait until you know who and why before spending green, or you will get it again.

Rich P

I remember reading years ago that Greg Norman the golfer hated to drive his red Ferrari because people would key it. Jealous of other people having nice things.

Hate to hear about this kind of thing but there are lots of cowards out there... Sounds like a new paint job to me...:)

We take pride in our rides. So sorry a coward decided to continue his/her path of being 'low rent'. Man, there's some lousy people out there. I think I'd invest in a security camera, focused on your parked ride . I believe those cameras can be had at a pretty reasonable price. I'd love to hear the perp was caught and charged

Yes, we do take pride in our rides. That's why I try to park a ways away from other vehicles. Recently, we did just that, but still had some jerk park his pickup across the line so that he had to have difficulty getting out of the truck without bumping my bike. Luckily, no damage was done. I got revenge by picking my teeth and spitting the food particles on the side of the truck. I doubt the driver noticed, but it made me feel better.
WAP.gif

I don't know of anyone that has a "bone" to pick with me. Believe it was a random act of vandalism. I had a feeling the bike was too much on display in front of the house. I'm in a good neighborhood that fringes on the rough part of town. A bicycle was stolen from the back yard in the fall, a small plastic snow fence and even a pack of cigarettes off the front porch. A camera is probably a good idea. Cowards don't like getting caught in the act...

Another idea...No camera but a sign that says 'smile, you're being filmed'....or 'security camera rolling'...? will they take the chance that there is not a camera?. I wouldn't..but then again, I've never harmed anyone's property in my 62 years. Still think I'd look into a reasonable security camera, turned on by a motion sensor perhaps?

Back