free website stats program Some new goodies for the ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Some new goodies for the ride

bikemikewcr

Since spring will be here in a few months and I will be doing a 6,000 mile trip in June I figured I would spoil the bike (and myself) with some new goodies. I ordered the floor board extenders from Harley Goodies, Isolated Drive System, 8.5" flare windshield (dark smoke) and the ergo up bars (2 inch rise) from Klock Werks. This should not only make the bike more comfortable for me but add a bit more styling. I will post some before and after pics. I also picked up a pair of cast wheels and will take the laced ones off for the long trip. I am doing this as preventative measures in case of any flat tires. At least I will be able to plut the tire and get to a dealership for a new tire instead of waiting for the flatbed to arrive. I am also going to see how the tan seat that I bought from RichardS looks on the bike. I am thinking that it will look better with the tour pack off and the stock seat will look better with it on.

I hope your bike doesn't get sassy after being spoiled!

One of my riding buddies has a maroonish red 05 RK with a tan leather seat and matching saddlebags. It looks awesome. He receives compliments all the time although there's always going to be someone that does not like it. Some guys only like black, black, black.

I have received the floor board extenders, cast wheels and my IDS shipped out today. I should hopefully get the package from Klock Werks next week also. I am now kicking around the idea or either Hogtunes or J&M speakers. For those of you that got the Hogtunes full system (minus the hog pod as I have the leather dash pad) with the six speakers and amp, where did you mount the amp and what is the discount that the forum members get when dealing with PEZ directly? I am looking forward to completing the mods but will wait to get the speakers until I start.

All items ordered have arrived. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Now I need to find the time to install the new items. It may take a while but it will get done.

You guys have me jealous...did get a bag that had some repair "sundry" parts, not the "whooo-hoooo" stuff that makes grown men weak in the knees and hoping the weekend would hurry up and get here!!!:30:

You guys have me jealous...did get a bag that had some repair "sundry" parts, not the "whooo-hoooo" stuff that makes grown men weak in the knees and hoping the weekend would hurry up and get here!!!:30:

Same here. Whooo-hoooo stuff makes me smile.

I certainly dont have that list of stuff but then again I dont even have my bike home yet due to the stinkin snow....I have floor board extenders and extended shift arms plus a softbrake extended pedal to clear the decks for my size 14's and a Cee Bailey ssc on its way...now I just need the bike....and the longer I sit inside at the computer while it snows the more likely more stuff will show up...

Phil

Managed to install the floor board extenders today after going for a ride. Hopefully I can road test them tomorrow. Next up is to install the new bars and windshield.

Extended floorboards feel great and the 8.5" klockwerks screen seems to be the right height. It has been to cold to use the 1/2 helmet but it feels like next to zero buffeting with the full face. I also installed the infamous tan corbin saddle that I took off of RichardS hand last fall. I only managed to to a 25 mile commute each way to work with the seat on yesterday but so far it feels fine but I need to get a several hundred mile ride on it to make sure it will do the trick for the long trip in June. Next is to install the bars, and IDS. I am hoping to get those done this weekend since it will be doing nothing but raining here.

Back