free website stats program Some good info here folks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some good info here folks

Thanks for posting. Definitely some good info. CPR and an onsite defibrillator saved my life just a year ago now from Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Many thanks to those of you that have been certified1

I have to undergo CPR/Resus training every 6 months as part of my Electrical quals.

Funny thing is, my 24 year old Stepson had a heart attack of some kind at work yesterday morning (Monday)and is currently in the ICU at Royal Brisbane on life support.

His life was saved(we hope!)by 2 people in his office who were Resus trained.

Hey biscuit, hope all goes well for your stepson mate!

Hey biscuit, hope all goes well for your stepson mate!

Thanks T.He's just been transferred from ICU to the Coronary Care Unit.Has lost a bit of short term memory-O2 starvation-but in good spirits and condition.
Is going to have to a Defibrillator Implant put in next week.Apparently he should have(and actually did!)died,but the CPR got him going!

That's great news that he is improving Biscuit, keep us posted; I'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Thanks T.He's just been transferred from ICU to the Coronary Care Unit.Has lost a bit of short term memory-O2 starvation-but in good spirits and condition.
Is going to have to a Defibrillator Implant put in next week.Apparently he should have(and actually did!)died,but the CPR got him going!

All too much of a reminder of what I went through. I was 31. Let him know the defib implant is nothing, he'll be a little sore for a few days, but will be pretty much itching to get back into the swing. I spent 2 months at home on short term disability (only cause they put a 2-month driving restriction on me). Tell him to enjoy the time, no heavy lifting for a month, so just relax and have a good time with friends and family. If he ever needs to talk to anyone or has trouble dealing with what he went through, feel free to PM me and I will give you my number, he can call me anytime.

After everything happened I heard tons of stories about people that died as a result of this, he is one of a small percentage of people that survive these. God has taken care of him and blessed his life. My prayers will go out to him as well for a speedy and relaxing recovery. If he rides, tell him to stay off the bike for a while till they get the defib adjusted correctly, they are still adjusting mine since my heart gets up pretty high when I work out and they do not want me getting shocked for no reason. I pretty much took the year off from riding with only a few days where I just had to get back on the bike.

This update of CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation) has definitely lost the P and gained a kiss (you know, keep it simple stupid). ONLY chest compression. Easy to perform, even for only one person. And it saves more lives. In doubt, do it. No harm if you are wrong, except if chest has been evidently crashed.
WAP.gif

All too much of a reminder of what I went through. I was 31. Let him know the defib implant is nothing, he'll be a little sore for a few days, but will be pretty much itching to get back into the swing. I spent 2 months at home on short term disability (only cause they put a 2-month driving restriction on me). Tell him to enjoy the time, no heavy lifting for a month, so just relax and have a good time with friends and family. If he ever needs to talk to anyone or has trouble dealing with what he went through, feel free to PM me and I will give you my number, he can call me anytime.

After everything happened I heard tons of stories about people that died as a result of this, he is one of a small percentage of people that survive these. God has taken care of him and blessed his life. My prayers will go out to him as well for a speedy and relaxing recovery. If he rides, tell him to stay off the bike for a while till they get the defib adjusted correctly, they are still adjusting mine since my heart gets up pretty high when I work out and they do not want me getting shocked for no reason. I pretty much took the year off from riding with only a few days where I just had to get back on the bike.

Another thank you for another decent gesture.Apparently this problem or issue has it's own Syndrome.And again you're correct;he IS one of a very small lucky percentage.This one dosen't ride or drive for which we're thankful.
On a happier note,MY number one son returned from a 5 week holiday in the U.S today.He returned saying how Americans were so friendly and that the H-D museum was fantastic.Told him i hate him.:D

Thanks for the post. I learned something today and I'm grateful for the knowledge...I like to learn one new thing per day..the only problem is, at my age, I forget two things.
Seriously, thank you.

Back