free website stats program Some days things don't do right | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some days things don't do right

AND I ASK?

Doesn't their T shirt have THEIR Name on it???

signed....BUBBIE

EXACTLY!!! I have a brother in law in the advertising business. He wont even accept a new vehicle with the dealers logo on it. He says that is FREE advertising for that business and he doesn't do that for free - but we alllll do when we wear HD Dealers T-shirts and PLUS they make us PAY them for the privilege to advertise free for them. Yepper, we pay them $30 for the shirt - then we go around advertising for them and they pay us NOTHING!!!
I have always wondered about all that. Its a crazy world. EDIT - they should say "I will give you $50 IF you will wear this free shirt when you go out to eat on weekends" or sumpin like that.

Bill

Last edited:
Yepper, we pay them $30 for the shirt - then we go around advertising for them and they pay us NOTHING!!!
I have always wondered about all that. Bill

My theory is the dealership that I deal with treats me so well, and has helped me out considerable, that I actually do not mind wearing their t-shirts to promote there business. Though I do have a couple of shirts from other countries and states for momentous reasons.

They couldn't just stamp the card ? Who would be the wiser . I buy lunch meat from the hyvee deli and the kind I buy if you buy 1 lb. you get your card stamped and when you reach 10 the next lb. is free . So I start buying 2 different 1/2 lb. pkg. of meat and from time to time the kid will say it's only good for a lb. I'll look at him and say when I went to school 2 -1/2's = 1 lb. , then he stamps my card . LOL

...and whats really nice is wearing a dealers T (that I don't like) that is all grungy, torn and stained from working on all my slime jobs. Those that know me, know that is my sign of total disrespect to seller of t-shirt. Just my way.
wilks3
:USA

Bad Dog, No Bis-kits, Dave I would not advertise for them any more no matter how cool their shirts are JMO:s

I would have ticked the kid off with the following routine:

1. Tell him on second thought I don't need these items and returned them right then and there!

2. Walk out the door about 3 feet....turn around and come right back to the desk and said yeah......actualy I really do need them!

3. Made the purchase and got my danged stamp!

4. Tell the guy I want to see the parts manager and told him how jacked up the whole process is.....but I got my stamp!

Bad Dog, No Bis-kits, Dave I would not advertise for them any more no matter how cool their shirts are JMO:s

Well Jack in the business world it's all about supply and demand. I let them know how I felt. But I've already been back there once cause I don't have time to drive all the way to Clermont when I need a gasket or something. It's just life on planet earth. And evidently they are smart enough to know the same since no answer yet on my emails to them.

Will I keep buying parts there. Yes, but not if I don't have to. Will I buy a bike there, possibly if the price and bike is right. Do I like them. Well I like 90% of the whole package, and I told them my piece on the other 10%. Just the way things are.

When I was younger I ran my own carpenter framing crew. I fired a guy once for laying out one too many times. Good carpenter just was not dependable. Then a year later I was in bad need of an experienced man since I had a lot going. He showed up asking for a job and I hired him back. Just business, that's all. After bout a month I had to fire him again though. :lolrolling

I would have ticked the kid off with the following routine:

1. Tell him on second thought I don't need these items and returned them right then and there!

2. Walk out the door about 3 feet....turn around and come right back to the desk and said yeah......actualy I really do need them!

3. Made the purchase and got my danged stamp!

4. Tell the guy I want to see the parts manager and told him how jacked up the whole process is.....but I got my stamp!

Thanks for the reply wacho, an earlier post told me the same and was good advice but when I get upset I don't always think in clear logic. But actually in hindsight I looked at my ticket and it clearly states (NO REFUNDS ON ELECTRICAL ITEMS) so technically they could have refused to give me a refund.

Additionally the parts manager was not there that day but another upper level person was and I did speak to him about it. In fact he was only 10 feet away from the onset of it all. He backed up the kid and said he boss did not allow the hole punch on separate tickets even though I made him very aware of what had happened.

Just one of those things, but like I said earlier, I won't let them get one finger on a cash register button in the future until I am ready to leave. And now that they have ticked me off, I'm gonna divide up my purchases and walk out and back in 4 different times for a $100 buy. Never did that kind of chicken stuff before, but what goes around comes back around.

Back