free website stats program Some days nothing goes right! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Some days nothing goes right!

Believe it when I tell you, guys in the service department have days like that too......and they're working on YOUR bike when they do!!!!!

GS34, stirring the pot...now I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

One day I will find all of the tools that I have misplaced and open up a hardware store.
As for bad days; After a ride a couple weeks ago I noticed my left rear blinker had dropped off. The recovery trip was unsuccessful so I ordered a new one online. Got it in-double wire (I ordered single wire). No big deal, I just "tied off" the extra wire. The package also came with extra hardware to mount the light up front. For some reason one of my older brackets up front would not tighten, so in the process of putting on the newer one, I broke off a wire. I also encountered a size of allen bolt none of my 50,000 wrenches fit (I did find two sets I had previously "misplaced"). Ground one down to make it work. After 4 beers... I mean 2 hours more than what I had expected, both blinkers got mounted and to my disbelief, actually worked.

After years of hearing complaints and telling my wife to stay outta my messy garage, I finaly broke down and said, "ok if you wanna help me clean it up come on and lets get it cleaned up". After a weekend and truck loads of dump runs, It looks wonderful and very orginized. She sorted and separated everything and brought out seethru containers from god knows where, but I just cant seem to find anything now.

thank goodness i'm not the only one this stuff happens 2! last time for me it was a weekend and i went to every harware store in the state that was open looking for a 5/16-24 bolt with no luck i might add.....monday made my way to carson nut and bolt and the guy JUST GIVES ME A HAND FULL no charge i thought"go figure"

Sometimes I think we bring these things on ourselves.I have a shop with 4 chests of tools and 2 fully stocked bolt bins,but I seem to choose to take on my projects at home in my garage with only a Mastercraft socket and screwdriver set:small3d023:

I envy the guys that have the garages all set up with boxes and cabinets, everything has a place. I never seem to find the time or money to do it though. I own more tools than 6 people need, I just have them scattered between the garage, my truck, the barn, and the basement. Murphy's law always prevails!

After years of hearing complaints and telling my wife to stay outta my messy garage, I finaly broke down and said, "ok if you wanna help me clean it up come on and lets get it cleaned up". After a weekend and truck loads of dump runs, It looks wonderful and very orginized. She sorted and separated everything and brought out seethru containers from god knows where, but I just cant seem to find anything now.

Speedyron...I relate...remodeled HOUSE to add attached 2 car garage, then mounted on the walls and work bench area tonnes of cabinet space and drawers...even labeled them, still have a devil of a time finding stuff. Seems tools don't get legs they just seem to stick to whereever they were last used...imagine that! :small3d015: Kinda like "found it, "-- it was the "last" place I would have looked for it...FLW (Famous Last Words)... :)

I envy the guys that have the garages all set up with boxes and cabinets, everything has a place. I never seem to find the time or money to do it though. I own more tools than 6 people need, I just have them scattered between the garage, my truck, the barn, and the basement. Murphy's law always prevails!

You can prolly find them easier with duplicate tools all around. When that tool and every other like it is in the same place. Well you gotta find that place b4 you can use it. LOL Find one you found them all HA HA.

Back