free website stats program Solo Seat | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo Seat

Just got a used seat from the web at a great price. When I was checking the fit, I noticed the location for the rear mount on the fender is only a hole (with a cap). I was thinking of just swapping out the original one from my two-up seat, but was curious as to how hard it is to install in the new location? Looks like there is not much room under the fender, do I need to but up on a jack to access? If so, is there any benefit of just buying a new one to install in case I want to swap seats if my wife wants to ride on the back? Thinking of flexibility in the future.
Thanks

The seat well nut insert kit is only $6 or so and includes "C" retainer. It is easy to install, I use a medium zip tie, slip thru the insert, feed it up between the tire and fender and into the mid hole, indexing the zip tie end and draw the entire assembly until you can slip the "C" retainer in and your done. Save the HD logo hole cover, and install in the unused location if installed insert is visible...

I have the vintage wide Mustang solo seat with the back rest on my 2011 Ulta Limited moved the pizza box forward for more support no back or shoulder pain what so ever it's like a lazy boy with 2 wheels. I have purchased 3 mustang seats over time and i have no complaints or problems with their products.

olbill

My hd dyna super glide custom with solo seat low-rider le pera

Attachments

• Photo-0009_e1.jpg
    Photo-0009_e1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
Back