free website stats program Solo Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo Seat

lowrider1963

I was looking at changing out my stock seat for a solo on my 2010 FXDC because I wanted a little more 'cushion' and I thought the solo might look cool. Looking for opinions.

I bought the "Sanora Sport" seat for my FXDBI a while ago and I'm loving it. The foam is pretty high density so it is not very soft, but somehow it manages to provide just the right amount of support. I've taken it on all day ride-outs and short trips alike.

Before I used to get lower back pain and a sore (EDIT) after about 2 hours of riding. Now I can go basically all day without problems.

Ordered the pillion seat as well, which is good for carrying your gf / wife / significant other :))) for about 100 Miles. But after that they'll start complaining :).

As you are looking for the solo seat only, I doubt this would be a downside for you.

Fit and finish was perfect.

I'll post a pic or 2 if you'd like to see it on a bike.

Take care,

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• LePera-Sanora.jpg
    LePera-Sanora.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the Mustang wide vintage solo for allmost three years now and have been more than happy with it, and it still looks and feels like new with about 25k miles on the saddle.

Lots and Lots of good deals on ebay for harley parts. Picked up my two up seat for $50 brand new. I still got my stock solo seat dont know what kind of seat u r lookin for.

Dave

I bought the "Sanora Sport" seat for my FXDBI a while ago and I'm loving it. The foam is pretty high density so it is not very soft, but somehow it manages to provide just the right amount of support. I've taken it on all day ride-outs and short trips alike.

I'm glad to hear that since I have one on order. I hope it's everything you say because so far my experience in dealing with LePera has not been good.

lowrider, I saw some new dyna's with stock solo's that are apparently not in the catalog at my local HD last weekend. You might check them out at your dealership, they were pretty nice seats.

I love the look of the solo on my Bob, kills me to know I am eventually going to put a pillon on it, which I will probably only add when necessary.

Anyway, I have a Mustang Day tripper, which is nice, not quite as cushy as the full size seats they have but does the job and keeps the low sleek profile. I still have the stock seat from my '06 Bob, if you want to make an offer on it, just PM me. The stock solo is ok, just not quite as low a profile as the day tripper.

I have had the sundowner two up seat, and it was very comfortable, so I believe the sundowner solo seat would be about the same. They are expensive in my opinion though. I can't seem to find any deals on ebay.

Back