free website stats program solo seat on Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

solo seat on Road King

I have an 03 road king that I bought used. I love the look of taking off the back seat and just having the solo seat. But does anybody have any suggestions for the fender underneath the back pad? when I take it off the fender looks as though it is messed up from the underside of the pad. I have tried cleaning and waxing it, but it still looks bad. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated

I have a Corbin Rumble Seat, looks like a solo seat however the back pad flips up and WA LAAA you have a padded sissy bar, everyone thinks that it is a solo seat when they see it.

There is a guy around here Heathers Leather that made me a fender bib wwith the colored rhinestones that matched my paint. 50 dollars also included rhinestones on the back of the seat. Looks KOOL.

When you guys are saying fender bib is that the one that attaches to the 2 studs holding the front seat and then the back screw? I have seen a couple of those but didn't really like the way they looked. I guess its a matter of finding someone to make one that I like.

I'm not the greatest with this computer, but if someone could help explain how to gt a pic on here I'd be more than happy to put some up.

I can't even get my profile pic to come up. I went and resized it to 250x200 and it still doesn't show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not the greatest with this computer, but if someone could help explain how to gt a pic on here I'd be more than happy to put some up.

I can't even get my profile pic to come up. I went and resized it to 250x200 and it still doesn't show up.

is it under the file size ?

If the scratches or dull spots on the fender are not to deep in to the paint , or just the clear coat is scratched or dull areas, they can be buffed out , if there is many scratches start with a heavy rubbing compound like No7 rub steady but take it easy dont use to much pressure untill you get the feel . When you wipe it off you will want to see a uniform look in the area rubbed if it is not even do again till you get this uniform look in the area, after you have that ,move on to a fine compound (polishing compound) apply the same as above, then I use mothers mag & alumimun polish and apply the same as above, I dont like mothers as a metal polish but it does make a exceptional very fine rubbing compund for clear coat paint. then I would use 3m filling glaze (swirl mark remover) then give a final wax. if the scratches or dull spots are lite and only in the clear coat skip the heavy rubbing compound and start the fine compound then the Mothers alum polish and so on, take your time use good clean rags and you will have good results.and repeat steps if ness.

Thanks for the advice. Reading that, my brother in law is an auto body painter so I think I will ask him to help me out. Hadn't even thought about doing it that way. Also to answer the other question about the size of pics I resized it to the 250x200 that it says to and it still won't show up.

Back