free website stats program Solo seat on FXSTDI Deuce... | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo seat on FXSTDI Deuce...

01Deuce4Me

I have seen a lot of guy on here with solo seats on their Deuce. I have an 01 Deuce and am planning on doing the same. I just took my OEM seat off to take a look under there and there is not another hole for a seat stud/bolt. Is there supposed to be, or do you just get one drilled in the fender? Also, what do you do about the 3 bolts that held the sissy bar on? Is there some sorta kit that will cover those holes so they don't look bad? I am a newby so these may be stupid questions..just figured I'd ask.
Thanks for the help..

I have seen a lot of guy on here with solo seats on their Deuce. I have an 01 Deuce and am planning on doing the same. I just took my OEM seat off to take a look under there and there is not another hole for a seat stud/bolt. Is there supposed to be, or do you just get one drilled in the fender? Also, what do you do about the 3 bolts that held the sissy bar on? Is there some sorta kit that will cover those holes so they don't look bad? I am a newby so these may be stupid questions..just figured I'd ask.
Thanks for the help..

Is there not a plastic plug under the seat? If there is you pop out the plug and install a well nut from H D to bolt the rear of the seat, at least on a Dyna they are set up this way ( Mounts to fender struts) no drilling in fender required on softail models

Last edited by a moderator:
The seat online that most resembles mine is a Corbin Hollywood Solo. Looksl ike, from what I am reading, that there is a bracket that is needed. The bracket attaches at struts I think, and provides a place at rear for the seat to attach to with a thumbbolt like stock, just further up. Does anyone have this setup and know where I can get one of these brackets? I am inquiring with Corbin to see if I can order one. Otherwise I guess I'll have to get my fender drilled..

The seat online that most resembles mine is a Corbin Hollywood Solo. Looksl ike, from what I am reading, that there is a bracket that is needed. The bracket attaches at struts I think, and provides a place at rear for the seat to attach to with a thumbbolt like stock, just further up. Does anyone have this setup and know where I can get one of these brackets? I am inquiring with Corbin to see if I can order one. Otherwise I guess I'll have to get my fender drilled..

The seat should come with the bracket, if not you should be able to order it from Corbin

Seat was used, so I didn't get brackets with it..have tried contacting Corbin with no results yet..I thought about just drilling my fender and installing the solo part of the seat, but that won't work because the seat hits the fuel injection module/wiring that is located on the fender and does not sit down where it needs to..So, I will have to find a bracket, get one made, or sell it. I am thinking seriously about selling it and just getting a badlander type seat. That is what I wanted to begin with..just happened to find this one at a good price and thought I could use it..

The solo seat doesn't need to attach to the rear fender on the Deuce, just to the sides.

I used 4 chrome brake disk bolts (cut down the length of the threads) and lock nuts as I didn't want either the holes showing or a rear fender bib as it looks better (imo) without as it shows off more of the paintwork.

Seat was used, so I didn't get brackets with it..have tried contacting Corbin with no results yet..I thought about just drilling my fender and installing the solo part of the seat, but that won't work because the seat hits the fuel injection module/wiring that is located on the fender and does not sit down where it needs to..So, I will have to find a bracket, get one made, or sell it. I am thinking seriously about selling it and just getting a badlander type seat. That is what I wanted to begin with..just happened to find this one at a good price and thought I could use it..

I emailed Corbin with a question 2-1/2 years ago. I guess they arent going to answer. I hope your result is different than mine. Made me think twice about Corbin products. Maybe calling them would have a better result. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Back