free website stats program Solo rack problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo rack problems

dr robert

I made the mistake of assuming that when the HD catalog says "fits '96 and later', that meant the part would fit my 2006. But NO! There had been another rack and number produced to fit my bike. Stupid me I know, but I learned something. I hope the ebayer will take it back. Be careful.

What is the part number you are dealing with? Did you already order ot get another. There are some much nicer non-HD solo racks out there. I have motherwell solo rack on my Bob.

I also have the Motherwells solo rack, but was not pleased with it for a couple of reasons. One, the rear mount was not welded square to the line, and it causes it to be higher on one side than my laydown license plate. At least that's what I think. The other problem is that I wish there was more distance between the bottom of the rack and the top of the fender. The reason is that I have a solo bag that I used to leave attached to the solo rack and just kept it on the bike. Now, I want to be able to take the bag off easily when I am going for a different look. The HD rack was going to suit my needs I hoped. The part number for the rack I got is 53493-95, and the one that actually fits is part number 53511-06. My solo bag is made by H--da, but does not have any logo on it, just studs and a chrome buckle. It's a nice bag, but I have to mount it to the rack with quick ties.

------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention, I do not have another rack yet. I guess I need to post it on the forum for sale. I do have the same bike as you. Mine is black cherry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say I do not use the solo rack for much (never put a bag on it, just odds and ends with a netted bungy). I was going to buy a bag a few years ago, bust just kept putting it off, so I am mostly a back packer for now, till I get teh bags I want to put on it later this year or next year.

Thanks for the info too, good to know for the other Dyna owners out there.

Dr Robert,

I am interested in your rack if you still have it. I don't know if you will get this but I will keep trying until I hear from you. You can call my cell phone. The number is

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Nick

Dr Robert,

I am interested in your rack if you still have it. I don't know if you will get this but I will keep trying until I hear from you. You can call my cell phone. The number is

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Nick

Just a word of advice. Send Dr. Robert a private message (PM). No one will have your phone # or e-mail address if you put that up as well. Usually a moderator will take out your personal info, but not as quickly as you post it (and they have better things to do).
Take care.
John

P.S. To PM, click on Dr. Robert name and should have "Send Dr. Robert a private message".

Back