free website stats program Solid rims | Harley Davidson Forums

Solid rims

BOWHIKER

Does anyone know if the solid rims on any of the soft tails has any kind of a clear coat on them ? When i polish mine i always get a lot of black when rubbing with the polish , i use mothers aluminum and crome polish , it says that when polishing if you don't get the black residue to stop so i assume there is not a clear coat on them .

It's not a Softail but on my '09 Dyna 10 Spoke wheels there is no clear coat. I would have thought there would be but upon close inspection there was no clear coating.

If you had urethane clear coat, you would know it. That stuff is tough and hard to polish through by hand. Plus you will always see the blending edge if you did polish through it. That is probably why HD does not do it from the factory.

There is no clear coat on the solid rims, I have polished them to look like chrome before. When you get the black residue, that is the polish cleaning the aluminum. Everything is all good.

just keep wiping the black stops eventully. Then never let then get oxidize again. Try the mother's polishing ball.

the black is removing oxidation. thats good when the black stops.. buff it then shine it with "Never Dull"

You can finish with flour (the kind you make pancakes with) It will clean out all the residue. Just have to make sure everything is dry

Flour ? Does it soak up the rest of the Oxy ? Sounds good, Do you then finish with the "never dull "

Back