Sold my baby and feeling eeeuugh

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by English Mike, Jul 17, 2009.

1. English Mike

English Mike Active Member

Well my beautiful 2006 Heritage Softy has gone to a new home and for the full asking price. I should be pleased but I don't. What can I do with this flamin arthritis disease.

I am wondering if I could cope with a trike so as soon as the HD trike is available I'm going to try it and see how I get on. God I miss her. Am I sad or what? It is after all only metal and paint and plastic.:newsmile068:

2. martin14

martin14 Active Member

wow.. thats really tough :(

Hope the trike bit works out for you.

3. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

Evendentally your arthritis is bad enough to have you tell yourself you can't ride anymore. I feel for you greatly. There was (is) a post about when are you to old to ride. I believe it's up to you and you alone to say, hey, I can't handle this anymore. I hope your illness doesn't keep you from doing other things you love. I'd feel the same, and can I say I'd feel worst if I didn't have my baby. We all love to ride. So when the time comes to hang up the boots, I don't think anyone of us would or could handle the sitruation any better. I would think a Trike would be more stable and easier to get on and off. I wish you the best and maybe see you on three wheels real soon.

4. Oldschoolman

Oldschoolman New Member

What meds have you tried. Some good long term relief out there if it works for you. Embral, is holding mime at bay, Good luck

5. HarleyHarry

HarleyHarry Banned

Even "just paint and metal" can have a soul Mike. I've not found myself in the situation you are in now but I think I can understand a little of what you're going through. You wonder if a trike will be any better. Logic would say "yes" as there is, in a proper riding position, a lot less strain on the hands and fingers but only with a correct backrest. I wonder how a normal trike or quad would compare? Are there any tracks around where you live so you could hire one and try it out?

6. miketini24

miketini24 Member

man, i can't imagine. hope the trike works out bro.

7. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Mike,
    I hope things work out for you and that you can enjoy your new bike with the passion you had for your old one.

8. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Life is short.....

Buy that trike and ride while you're still able.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

A bit of a switch "--Sellers remorse..." well the good news is you have HD orange running in your veins and will probably find a trike that will suit your needs....good luck in your search!

I know in 'bout 20 years I will probably be in the same boat...but a Trike is actually something to look forward to, and the grandkids will be grown by then to carry the tradition forward, I say not a bad deal any way you cut it...

10. ProF

ProF Junior Member

When you get the trike (and I hope you do), just don't forget what you're on, and try to lane-split!:D