free website stats program SOFTAIL STANDARD 2006 Service Manual | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SOFTAIL STANDARD 2006 Service Manual

I had all ready downloaded one about a couple of years ago, last week my computer crashed and have lost the file. A link will be appreciated.

vino
I adjusted my clutch [08 Soft tail Rocker] using the "Bubbie method" uner the Self help tab. Here is how I did it, works perfect now.

BUBBIE May 22nd, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm having the same issue as ihgdale. After the adjustment, the clutch lever won't pull all the way back to the bar, it stops about a half inch short. Otherwise, everything works great, easy shifting and no slippage. Is this normal and OK to leave this way?

NO it IS NOT right.. IF STOCK bike...

You probably have the Clutch pack set WRONG... TOO TIGHT and more than Likely You used the WRONG way to set the 1/2 turn out..(going IN too far)

Glider method requires to Back OFF the clutch by 1/2 turn after the cable is adjusted,,, RE read and you will see

FINGER TIGHT after Loosening the lock nut..... IF you use a allen wrench AS SOON AS IT HITS (no pressure) turning in(right) STOP... You should be able to get THAT adjustment WITH OUT the allen wrench...

Many try to TIGHTEN FURTHER against the clutch pack with the Allen Wrench and this is NOT the way it is done...........

FINGER TIGHT against the clutch is NOT using the ALLEN to go FURTHER IN....

TRY it the right way and the cable should give FULL PULL when done..

signed....BUBBIE

MANY people have Problems using this method of adjustment...... ALL Respect to Mr. Data and this method.... This is why I say do it differently...

Just do the Loosen of the cable,,,,

Then loosen the NUT on the clutch pack... TURN center bolt In until it touches and NO further. THEN make your 1/2 Turn OUT from the LIGHT touching stop done against the clutch pack.

Tighten Nut... Now go back to tighten the clutch cable... Lengthen it out....Squeeze handle several times before final adjustment of cable.. Your clutch handle should give you a FULL squeeze NOT stopping out away from the handle...

Use the 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch as the FREE PLAY in the cable adjustment,,, taken at the cable to clutch handle housing..

signed....BUBBIE

Colt.45

Back