free website stats program Softail runs great until lights are turned on! HELP?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail runs great until lights are turned on! HELP??

I'm probably wrong guys, but I seem to remember Harley started wiring the switches so nothing worked in the first click and everything turned on at the secound click position (lights on for safty) before they started installing the new switches in 93. Because some bikes I remember turning to the first click position and nothing happened, you had to go to the secound click unless you changed the wires yourself?

Chopper you could be correct as im in scotland mine is an hdi model and may be different from the domestic for 92 but the 93 and 94 models i have do have lights on with the first click of the switch

Brian

Fin, I`ve owned it since it was in the box, switch is still set up like it was when I got the bike in `89...First click, lights and ignition, second click, same as the first...

Must be the difference between the domestic and international models then makes things harder to pin down faults

Brian

You're right Dan, a course you knew that because you got the bike right out of the box, and Brian's right it's the difference from USA to HDI, here's the page out of the 85-90 HD service manual
1985-1990.jpg

mrbeefcak, have you found anything yet?

Back