free website stats program Softail Replacement Fender | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Replacement Fender

mav23

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion regarding what route to take in replacing the rear bobtail fender off my crossbones. I am looking to go to a Deluxe Style fender (something off a dresser, etc). So far I have a custom shop picked to fab up a unit for me, but if any of you know a fender that will accomodate the rear tire, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion regarding what route to take in replacing the rear bobtail fender off my crossbones. I am looking to go to a Deluxe Style fender (something off a dresser, etc). So far I have a custom shop picked to fab up a unit for me, but if any of you know a fender that will accomodate the rear tire, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Morning Mav, I would do a little catalog searching if I where you. J&P, Custom Chrome, Bikers Choice, Fog Hollow and even in the back of several of the motorcycle mags I read offer all kinds of fenders in various shapes and forms in both metal and composite forms. Not sure how much you are looking to spend but I would think one off the shelf has got to be cheaper than a cutom made one, of course do not forget to add the cost of mud and paint to the overall cost of what you are willing to spend.
some good links are;

Bikers Choice | Motorcycle Apparel and Accessories
OLDY'S CUSTOM COMPOSITE CYCLE TANKS, FENDERS, SADDLE BAGS, TOUR PACKS
Custom Chrome Home
Fog Hollow

I used a 2008 or 2009 fatboy rearfender on mine, and a 2006 flstsc fender on the front.
You have to extend the wires on the fatboy fender but it is not hard.
You can click my profile and look at my album to the finished pictures.
Ken:small3d009:

I want to replace the front fender on my FXSTC. Do the mounting holes of your new fender line up with the mounting holes on the forks?

Back