free website stats program Softail queries. | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail queries.

English Mike

As per usual I need some help. I have 3 questions, could anyone help please.

1. I do lots of fiddling on my Heritage Classic and work between the manual as issued with the bike and the parts cat. I could really do with a 'Haynes' style manual or similar that is available in the UK specifically for my sickle. Any thoughts folks?

2. How on earth do you tighten the passing lamps/indicator? I see it is movable but my near side is quite loose after changing the indicators for smoked bullet style, I just can't see how to tighten them.

3. Is there a product that will clean up the matt black on the engine block without having to resort to pressure washing? The chrome is great but the black is not great, the rain (when I get caught) does seem to stain it.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Having seen the various manuals available, I have to say that the HD factory manual from the dealer gives the best explinations and diagrams for the bikes over the others. There's really not that much difference in price either, usually in the $50-60 range from the dealer.

Not sure on the passing lamps indicator, are you speaking of the lamp or the indicator?

Like mentioned above, the S100 engine works well and I just tried a different brand being my dealer was out of it. It was pig spit which is a silicone base I believe and it dreis to a matt finish just like it was from the factory. Very happy with the results.

Mike

Having seen the various manuals available, I have to say that the HD factory manual from the dealer gives the best explinations and diagrams for the bikes over the others. There's really not that much difference in price either, usually in the $50-60 range from the dealer.

Not sure on the passing lamps indicator, are you speaking of the lamp or the indicator?

Like mentioned above, the S100 engine works well and I just tried a different brand being my dealer was out of it. It was pig spit which is a silicone base I believe and it dries to a matt finish just like it was from the factory. Very happy with the results.

S100 it is then. It is the passing lights with the indicators fixed below them, I just cant figure out how to tighten them.

Mike

Back