free website stats program Softail Heritage vs. Road King | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Heritage vs. Road King

My husband rides a Heritage but has owned an Electra Glide and has compared the RK with both. He says the Heritage, being a cruising bike, lets you feel the road and turns better. If longer trips are in the plans then maybe the RK is right for you, but weekends and 3 day trips, nothing beats the Heritage.

I have settled on an '09 FLHRC w/ABS... still really like the Heritage, but feel the RKC is a better choice for me.

ride safe
Drew

Congrats.

On the side note, I went to a local HD and sat on both RKC and Street Glide, omg, the Street Glide is just so right, the Dealer offer me a ride on both (08) but I didn't take that offer, I don't know what I was thinking at that time other than if I rode test the SG, I may leave my Heritage there and ride home with the SG. I was so close to pull the trigger but ... .

I have ridden the Road King and like the ride, but have found the bike to be a bit heavy and involves a long reach for me (5' 6"). I sat on a Heritage and found it to be a perfect fit.

A heritage is a fat boy more dresses up. for long road rides you wll like the rk
for a around town the heritage . at the end of the day it will be your choice on what you like. myself i have a 2009 street glide i love it and i also have a 2006 fatboy. to be honest i hurt after riding on long trips on my fatboy. hope on the street glide what a diff. i love the fatboy but i have to keep te rides to short around town trips.

I'm stuck on the Heritage custom ST. Rode both and found the same thing so many here have already said.

ahhh the eternal question.. "this one or that one"

as a heritage owner i will say this much. i love my bike

did i go back and forth between heritage and road king? you bet...

are there things that i like about both to this day? absolutely

in the end... there is no right or wrong. sit and ride them both. buy the one that "feels best to you"

no matter what you buy, you will always wonder "should i have gone with the other?" go with your gut and dont look back. both are great bikes in their own right.

i know this doesnt help you but frankly, there is no cut and dry answer. it would be easy if one of them sucked or one was "better". blonde or brunette or redhead. neither is better... just different. pick your flavor and go with it. if shes a good one, she wont let you down. :)

Back