free website stats program Softail Fender Bumper/Grill aka Cabbage Cutter | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Fender Bumper/Grill aka Cabbage Cutter

Randall K. Wilson

For the Heritage Softail Classic, Heritage softail, Heritage Softail Springer, and I assume the Softail Deluxe....at one time there was an accessory in the H-D catalog known as a front and rear bumper/grill also known as a "Caggage Cutter". I was wondering if any of the folk on the forum have ever elected to install these items on your Softails?

This accessory did not seem to sell very well and is no longer in the H-D accessory catalog. I think some of the aftermarket folk still have them in their catalogs though.

These items may not be everyones cup of tea, but for me if I had a big tired softail I would have to have these special fender treatments. To me they are like "icing" on the cake. Obviously it adds gaudiness to the bike, but with that a very historical nostalgic treatment is accomplished...big time.

For the Heritage Softail Classic, Heritage softail, Heritage Softail Springer, and I assume the Softail Deluxe....at one time there was an accessory in the H-D catalog known as a front and rear bumper/grill also known as a "Caggage Cutter". I was wondering if any of the folk on the forum have ever elected to install these items on your Softails?

This accessory did not seem to sell very well and is no longer in the H-D accessory catalog. I think some of the aftermarket folk still have them in their catalogs though.

These items may not be everyones cup of tea, but for me if I had a big tired softail I would have to have these special fender treatments. To me they are like "icing" on the cake. Obviously it adds gaudiness to the bike, but with that a very historical nostalgic treatment is accomplished...big time.

Yes, I have a picture of one,on the front it was upswept, and hung off the back sorta like a cheese grader.they're on the aftermarket.A guy had restored a51 panhead and had them on there [recent resto]

Back