free website stats program Softail exhausts | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail exhausts

David22

:unsureI have a FLSTC Softail 2013, it has been fitted with Vance Hines exhaust end caps; I have been told by the dealer it does not require stage one conversion. A different dealer tells me I do need a stage one conversion to compensate for the different exhaust. Does anyone have any suggestions?:unsure

What size baffles are in exhaust? 1.75" or less and you are good to go. Remember dealers are in the business of selling their wares. So hopefully you will get many replies in helping you make the proper decision....:s

These bikes are way to lean from the factory, any help with more fuel will be an added plus in power and your bike will run cooler

:unsureI have a FLSTC Softail 2013, it has been fitted with Vance Hines exhaust end caps; I have been told by the dealer it does not require stage one conversion. A different dealer tells me I do need a stage one conversion to compensate for the different exhaust. Does anyone have any suggestions?:unsure

Also would it do any damage to the engine if I removed the baffles altogether?

What size baffles are in exhaust? 1.75" or less and you are good to go. Remember dealers are in the business of selling their wares. So hopefully you will get many replies in helping you make the proper decision....:s

Lowering the restriction in the exhaust will lean the mixture in an already lean bike as well as the installation of the stage 1 intake. For a cooler running engine and better performance, the addition of fuel is recommended but the stage 1 only returns you back to factory stock parameters as far as fuel. I would suggest a TFI which is adjustable and an easy install. You can get a discount mentioning the forum.

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Forums

Like DBMG mentioned the 1 3/4" or tops 2" baffles will serve you best.

These bikes are way to lean from the factory, any help with more fuel will be an added plus in power and your bike will run cooler

can't get much better advice...

Back