Softail Deluxe - Radio Setup

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Bosbury1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Bosbury1

Bosbury1 Active Member

I've been looking into purchasing a radio system/speaker setup that will let me utilize my existing sub to Sirius and integrate an IPOD as well. I've seen all types in JPCycle and Tucker Rocky. I want something that will actually work my buddy has one and the volume is so low that is seems to be a waste. Does somebody have or can they recommend a viable system for me that adapts well the the Softail Deluxe. Thank you.

2. chillman378

chillman378 Member

I've been looking on Ebay and they have a few amplified speaker set ups that will work with my Ipod. They all seem to guarantee they can be heard at highway speeds...I have my doubts...So I too would be interested to hear if anyone has a system that works well.

3. Bosbury1

Bosbury1 Active Member

Chillman378,
    Go to Rocky Tucker A/K/A VIEWING TUCKER ROCKY PUBLICATION PAGES go to pick a catalog and use "09 Biker's Choice" and then "Instrument and Lighting" you will see some nice units. I would love to hear from someone who has first hand experience. Good Luck I will post back

4. Sheepdogmarine

Sheepdogmarine Active Member

My wife got me the MH Instruments amplified speakers for Christmas. They are the 4" chrome ones and look nice. I use them with my Ipod.

The sound is okay. There is not a whole lot of bass. I have had awesome car stereos before and these are nowhere near that. I set the Ipod equalizer to small speakers and they do okay. At 60mph, I can hear them, but just barely. I do have a full face helmet with a hat on underneath. At 45mph and slower they work pretty good. I am sure with a half helmet or no helmet they would be much better. Too cold to try that now though.

They are better than nothing and are acceptable. I think she paid $260 for them so it is worth it to have some tunes. I do notice that when I stop at lights, they are pretty loud, so I think my helmet has a lot to do with it.

If you are by Maryland, you are welcome to come check them out.

Ride Safe!

FWIW, I heard the J&M speakers at a bike show and was not impressed. The MH instruments definately sound better than those.

I have had no experience with the cycle sounds speakers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  5. Sheepdogmarine

Sheepdogmarine Active Member

The J&M speakers I looked at were bolt on 2" speakers, not the ones for a fairing. Sorry for the confusion. I have a Fatboy so I assumed no fairing. I also was not running a windshield at the time. I am sure that would help a lot if I put it on.

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

This is just so confusing! :lolrolling

7. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

8. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

9. brderj

brderj Active Member

I so badly want music when I ride...this is a great thread.

10. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators