free website stats program soft tie downs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

soft tie downs

Strap down the crash bars with soft ties then purchase these unique tie downs for the handle bars from CanyonDancer.com.They take out all the rock with very little pressure on bars.Best thing ever.:newsmile108:

I got my tie downs form JP Cycles, can't remember the name of them but they have the ratchets and the soft loops so they won't scratch, they also have spring loaded latches on the hooks so even if you get some slack in them they won't come off. Jp Cycles is a great place, good place to find that hard to find stuff, reasonably priced and great service.

Here is what they look like. I swear by them.With the wheel in the chock, strap on crash bars,everything feels very secure.

I actually picked up a set at wal-mart for just a few bucks in the automotive section. I know there are alot of people on here that would criticize me for buying from wal-mart but they got the job done. Although they would work fine for transport I don't use them for that. I simply use them to secure the bike to my lift while I'm working on it.

You can find everything you need from Power Tye, you can go to their web site and see what they have. I've found they sell quality products at a fair price. We travel extensivly with our Toyhauler so our OC looks like the victim of a mad spyder when it's in the garage but it's always standing tall and ready to go when we get to our destination. If you are going to trailer very much I would recommend a Condor Pit Stop trailer chock, drive in and it holds the bike upright and ready to tie down. 5 inches of snow last night, has spring been hijacked?

Back