free website stats program Soft lowers | Harley Davidson Forums

Soft lowers

so cal hoss

I notice when riding, turbulent air seems to generate from below causing air to flow up and cause helmet shake. Anyone install soft lowers and notice any improvement? Harley recommends not using lowers above 50 degrees. Just looking for a more comfortable ride!

I picked up a set of wind deflectors that bolt to the sides of the forks from hd on my rk. took care of that problem for me. also have soft lowers but just for the cold weather they don't seem to help for the buffiting,

I haven't noticed any difference when I use mine. Just curious, do you have an air dam under your bottom triple tree?

The wind deflectors that are attached to the front fork brackets PN#58121-85B will not fit The FLTR. The air dam does provide some wind protection.

Oddly enough, I couldnt tell much difference after I installed the air dam under the tripple tree. I know others swear by them though. I'll keep it anyway...

Oddly enough, I couldnt tell much difference after I installed the air dam under the tripple tree. I know others swear by them though. I'll keep it anyway...

I'll take your word for on the Street Glide, there is a difference with the bat wing fairing and the shark nose. I tried taking the air dam off my RG and did feel a difference in the way the wind came up from under the fairing.

HDDON..how do the wind deflectors mount. I placed an order today with my dealership and asked the parts manager if they would fit (before I read your feedback). I was told if I'm not running lowers on the bike then they will fit.
Glider, my bike has ABS. I think this causes interference with the air dam installation because of the block mounted where the air dam would bolt to.
Thanks for all your help!

HDDON..how do the wind deflectors mount. I placed an order today with my dealership and asked the parts manager if they would fit (before I read your feedback). I was told if I'm not running lowers on the bike then they will fit.
Glider, my bike has ABS. I think this causes interference with the air dam installation because of the block mounted where the air dam would bolt to.
Thanks for all your help!

They attach to the upper bracketts, according to the HD catalog they will fit FLHT, FLHS, FLHR models. Catalog does not list FLTR, but the parts people may know how to make them work.

Back