free website stats program socket or wrench for brake disc pins. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

socket or wrench for brake disc pins.

Thanks for all your responses. I found out under the maintenance section that Craftsman 12 pt. 1/4 sockets work good. Off to Sears or K-mart tomorrow Thanks to all !

Likewise, Thank you all. Just read the Brake Caliper Maintenance as well. Removes all guess work. Much appreciated.

Whatyardwork may now have answered this, but would still like to float my question as I'm struggling with same issue, and don’t know if there may have been bolt/caliper changes since whatyardwork’s experience.

Could these be Torx? E-4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10. - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
Was considering buying these on speculation. Are there any variation or further specs regarding Torx sockets?

It seems the mount bolts and bridge bolts are the same size and type. Hopefully same on front and rear brakes. Does Craftsman have these small sizes in 12 pt sockets? Couldn’t find that. Buying one or two snapon sockets may be doable; beyond that would quickly put it out of my snack bracket.

Soulshaker, this is what a torx would look like and yes you need a set for general maintanance on your hd.Espescialy the t27.

BIT

had same problem. cheap set of tools. had to borrow buddy's craftsmen and works great. couldn't use the cheap 12 pt 1/4 inch. but as soon as put the craftsmen on, fit like a glove.

I got mine at Sears, Craftsman

They didn't have a socket so I got the combination wrench and used the box end. It was tight but fits.

I ordered from Sears catalogue as the stores did not carry it. Craftsmen ¼ drive, ¼ inch 12-point, but is backordered. Found a 3/8 drive ¼ inch 12 point thin wall by JET at PartSource. Perfect fit, lifetime warranty, and ideal with the 3/8 torque wrench. Don’t know if this is just for Canada or not: "http://www.partsource.ca/"

Wouldn't it be nice if Harley adopted one kind of fastener on their bikes and held to it. As it is, we have to have a half dozen different kinds and styles of tools to work on a bike. Torx external and internal, metric this and hex head that. 6 point, 12 point, what is the point?
I think that one of the reasons they do that is to make it increasingly difficult for consumers to work on them. They would like you to take it to the dealer and partake of some of that $90.00 hour labor. In the end they will make buying a new bike so expensive that many will opt out for another brand that costs considerably less.

Back