free website stats program So what living thang or thangs have you ran into-- and at what mph? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

So what living thang or thangs have you ran into-- and at what mph?

Is there any ultrasonic device that wissel (wind going through the device) to scare the animal away?

Yeah I think they call them Deer whistles in Mo. coz seem like they call em up more than scare them..only thing i found so far that make em jump back in the woods every time so far..is a 139 decimal Air horn...

TwistedThrottle.com : Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB, Black or Chrome - Stebel

i dressed mine up a bit with the HD emblem and the chrome top I took off the Harley Air horn I used to have.

swear it sounds like a 18 wheeler....its cost me 47.00 Bucks at a rally in Brandon Mo.

Attachments

• 139 db Airhorn.JPG
    139 db Airhorn.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Talked to a friend of mine yesterday and he hit a large bird (blue heron) sp? He was lucky and it didn't cause him to go down!!

Haven't hit a mammal...yet...killed a buttload of bugs with my face though...

Down here we have what they call Love Bugs. Certain times of the year, usually spring and late summer they come out. Small black flying bugs. 2 of them attached at the tail so the name Love bug. No known preditors. They come out by the 10's of thousands. They can foul a windshield in no time and stink like crazy. Don't taste too good either.:p

Been stung on the side of the tongue by a bug I didn't recognize the taste of. I was alright but I thought Hobbit was going to fall off from laughing....

We don't get a lot of wildlife on the roads in England tho' domestic cats/dogs are always a possiblity. It must be a whole lot of scare to hit or even near miss something as big as a deer....:31:

Been lucky so far but I did get a kick out of watching my buddies wife getting dive bombed by a hawk.Her hair flailing out of her helmet apparently looked appealing to this hawk.We where going along at about 30mph and the thing came out of nowhere.

The whole time she was oblivious to it.

Way back in the late 60's on my first "bike", a Honda 50 this dog in my neighborhood was always chasing after me. Well one day I hit him head on at about 25 MPH. All he did was yelp and run off. I went right over the handlebars and kissed the pavement. No serious damage to me or the scooter. Actually the scooter just stopped dead and fell over. I scraped up all my knuckles. At least that (EDIT) dog quit chasing me :)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit a mid sized dog at night when I was about 17. Thankfully only going about 30mph. but ended with me bouncing off the pavement .Hurting bad with lots of skin missing and trying to find the owner of the dog to let them know I had killed their dog. The whole experience pretty much (EDIT) .

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
My scariest animal story happened in the late 60's in my Triumph TR-3. I was heading down this side road which bordered a golf course. I had travelled this road millions of times. At one point, there was a small bridge that elevated the roadway just enough so that you couldn't see the road bed on the other side. As I crested that small bridge at about 75 or 80 there, in front of me was what appeared , at first, to be the worlds' racoon population. I mean there had to be at least 30 of them. Now if you recall, those TR-3's weren't exactl;y known for their ground clearance. I hit those buggers, and it was like watching a pro bowlers event! Racoons flying everywhere! The Triumph came through without a scratch.....Lot's of racoon fur, but not a scratch!
i was riden my 06 deluxe deer jumpd gaurdrail into me 6 point buck in velvet got tangled in bike flipped in air landed on front of bike smashed all lites off front dentd all tins crushed air cleaner crushed i n pipes bent cluth lever dented rear fender and tank fell off on left side of bike dead!was going 55 mph never let off the gas but pulled ovr laid next to bike leg hurtng soo bad made it to work on time 5:00 a.m explained situ to boss couldnt walk on leg rode to hospital got x-rayed all good sudden force impact trama major swellng summer july 08 sweverd to miss 2 deer went in ditch layd bike down on way to work again went home took aspirin layd down went to hopital 6 hour later neck swollen get check con cussion neck broken 2 spots wore hard neck brace 4 months still riden!

Back