free website stats program So, what do you do ?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

So, what do you do ??

The question is "so, what would YOU do?"
well my answer to salt, and cold (and high NJ taxes) was to move south to North Carolina.

Now.... being the kind, considerate fellow , that I am... I'll make you deal.
Ship your bike south to NC, and I'll store it in my garage, attach a gas credit card, and I'll put on a pre-determined amount of miles per month for you.

Like the "sham WOW" guy says.... act now.... LOLOL

The question is "so, what would YOU do?"
well my answer to salt, and cold (and high NJ taxes) was to move south to North Carolina.

Now.... being the kind, considerate fellow , that I am... I'll make you deal.
Ship your bike south to NC, and I'll store it in my garage, attach a gas credit card, and I'll put on a pre-determined amount of miles per month for you.

Like the "sham WOW" guy says.... act now.... LOLOL

Or.... maybe I could just bring it down in my toy hauler and live in your drive for the winter?? :worthy I would gladly pay you next summer with a return offer for you to come to Maine. :D

when the snow hits hard I drop the insurance coverage to minimum and put the battery tender on till the roads are clean again.
It looks like you're in Washington state. Does anyone know if the insurance coverage can be lowered for a while in Texas, or in any/all states?

It looks like you're in Washington state. Does anyone know if the insurance coverage can be lowered for a while in Texas, or in any/all states?

I don't know what Texas laws are but I'm with Progressive and they let me drop the coverage to liability and theft. Saves about a C note for 4 months or so. I'd rather be riding though!

I live in Texas so that is one problem I don't have. I have a freind from Minnasota. He said he had a winter car (a beatup POS with a good heater and radio) and a nice "summer" car. Maybe you could get a rat bike to ride when the urge struck for the bad weather. And keep the nice bike in the garage till that (EDIT) Maine weather broke.:TEXAS

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't get much harsh winter weather in British Isles like you guys do in N. America. I have a big Suzuki and S100 anti corrosion for my airport commutes and that thing'll be riding through whatever the weather and municipal authorities throw at it :D:D:D.

Except for the rare deep snow fall - if that happens it'll stay in the airport carpark and I'm jumping in a cab.

Now my sweet Sporty on the other hand is Teacher's Pet - tucked up in the garage, covered with appropriate breathable cover on a battery tender, taken out to ride in nice weather - and if caught out in anything mucky, treated to a wash and Airforce Blaster drying and then Pledge (S100 too as required) before being tucked up again. Then I go and get changed and dried off!!!! My Mrs. thinks I'm nuts.... she's usually right :D.

I have to keep my bikes apart..... the Bandit is so jealous and wants to kill the Sporty.:newsmile100:

I am in Texas and also have my insurance through Progressive. Come to think of it, when I was out of commission with a quadruple bypass a few years ago, I called my agent to see what they could do while I couldn't ride. They let me reduce my coverage to theft and comprehensive (I think), and it saved me a few hundred dollars for the rest of my policy term.

I am in Texas and also have my insurance through Progressive. Come to think of it, when I was out of commission with a quadruple bypass a few years ago, I called my agent to see what they could do while I couldn't ride. They let me reduce my coverage to theft and comprehensive (I think), and it saved me a few hundred dollars for the rest of my policy term.

good deal, glad you recovered from that. hope you don't have to park the scoot in texas, you should be riding all year long.

Thanks! I'm actually thinking about moving back to New England for the better riding roads and scenery, plus my family is up there, and the seafood is to die for. Texas is too flat and usually too hot for me to enjoy riding like I did up there. I guess I'd rather have eight or nine months of great riding instead of eleven or twelve months of so-so riding.

I just got a respite from winter roads. Lots of heavy rain and wind to wash that road salt off the roads. SOOOOO...next day above 40 I unhook the battery tender, and my bike comes out of storage. YEEEEEHAAAA!!

Back