free website stats program So I have a?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So I have a??

Thank you all for the advise, thing is around here if you want to test the sales peeps are up your ass to buy so I know thats what they need to do but would like to take both out and see. Any one have ideas around that? I have thought about 1 day rentals but need a major credit card, and they dont have roadkings on the list.

Yes we want to ride all day if we could but as she reminded me today her position starts to hurt her knees ( sorry i forgot to list that as an issue before) so 1-2 hrs is all she can take. I am used to riding till I need gas or a smoke lol which ever comes first.lol

I have seen fairings on the RK for about 1 -1500 cash and the later is getting it painted.

You all make valid points hope to hear more thoughts

You are correct that most Harley dealers play on the emotional side of purchasing a bike either new or used and its good that the opinion you have of them will prevent your self from purchasing a bike that in the end you may end up not liking or be a wrong decision....

In the passenger concern there are many different options to raise or lower rear floorboards or add pass extension pegs so that the passenger has the option of many positions. Also you can get different height back rests that may also help.

I think the RK is the best looking bike but I elected to go with the EG. I believe it's more comfortable for two up. Living in the northern latitudes the full fairing really helps when the weather is cool or cold.

Check out some demo days if they haven't come and gone by now.

I understand your concerns with dealers but if you shoot straight with them and just tell them you are trying to decide which way to go, they can usually accommodate a test ride or two.

I've told a few dealers I'm not in the market but just looking at possibilities.

I know they think they can sell me on doing the deal after a ride but, I've said no and they just hand me a card ask that I consider them when I'm ready to buy.

I also do try to pick up and few things like oil or stuff.

Nothing beats the look of a road king classic.

I prefer the fixed fairing of the road glide.

And I've never heard a complaint from any eg riders.

If you can manage a way to rent an eg, is say go for it and see. Your partner may even be able to ride with you longer in comfort.

Not sure if you can get them to take a cash security deposit without a credit card but, it doesn't hurt to ask around.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers!

I have owned from new, a 97 FXDS and rode that two up loaded down at times then bought a 00 FXDS and rode that two up the same... Changing out the shocks was the best thing. I did enjoy the adjustments on them Usually next to highest then Highest on loaded trips.

THEN I bought a KING, yes a 09 road King with AIR Ride rear shocks... Coming off the FXDS's was a Need for the rides we took........ Not being as young when the FXDS bikes were First ridden.
The NEED was there and the 09 was the answer. Flat boards for both passenger and driver. Rear boards have a couple adjustment holes to choose from...

Large wide back seat rest for the wife made it GREAT... LONG rides more possible but stopping at 60-80 miles was best. 6 gallon gas tank needs never empty when you need to stop and fuel but there IF you are riding 260 miles non stop, Cruise control a BONUS, COMFORT.... YES.......

Stock seat was good but a mustang made it better.

I come in at 200 and the wife ? 140/150.... On a trip, around, we can ride from station to station (3-3.5 fill ups) shorter rides and not making time, I stop early MAKING sure we are both Off and stretched out for NO complaining when off and home.

The 09 with the Modifications of the frame and larger rear tire make it MUCH more comfortable than most would believe.

09 low mileages bikes are out there and I would go that route BEFORE NEW...

BUT Of corse I do my own repair and modifications and have it Souped Up a Tad:newsmile100:

103" is perfect...........

signed....BUBBIE

Way off topic, BigDogg65, but is there still a poker sponsored by the Amherst firefighters? I was on their email list for awhile, and have a couple of their t-shirts but haven't heard anything lately.

I've ridden there several times and tried to be there for the run, but missed by a week last time. Have family in Amherst

I can add that the Road King is nothing short of awesome, but I have no experience with 2 up riding. :s

Bubbie gives great advice again. :)

Back