free website stats program So how is the Dyna Gen 4 Version coming along? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So how is the Dyna Gen 4 Version coming along?

Got a 2010 FLRTX that I will volunteer to be a test bed. I keep my bike and report results:s:taunt

I Know Chris and Mark are trying to get things IRONED Out.

I have a totally new gen4 coming to try out for the 09 midified (cams) bikes and will need to RE install the whole package again THIS WEEK.... EACH time they change me out IT Works Better but Not good enough for Mark Dobeck...

I agree, IT is time consuming but WORTH the wait.

I got 47 MPG on my ride up, (Not running Lean at all) , having green AFR (slow speed) for cooling at 0 to 30ish mph, set on - side of 13 and the yellow-blue locking AFR in at 14.0. and Running really great. Red-blue (twisting the throttle) locking in at 12.5 AFR for the hot rod effect.:D

I don't know what to tell you guys BUT I LIKE mine but IT is not quite right yet. Maybe this new programmed one for me, will work 100% and finally they will be happy enough to offer it to the masses.

Mind you, they are working on MY 09 FLHR as it has SE255 cams and stage one.

It was "hot" on our ride thru the twisties following Tank and Ferrous and also on the way back from Kingman yesterday, so I set the AFR (yel-blue) at 13.25 and could not tell much ddifference in fuel use, down to 45 mpg, performance the same from the 14.0 setting But I know it was running cooler.:D I thought the speed limit was 80+ as it ran good there:D

Chris will answer your questions, Com'n Chris....... I Know you are busy, but they need your input:D

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

Thanks for the update and it was great meeting up with you guys. Even with those glasses! Ride Safe! Next time!

Steve E.

We had to change a few things on the Gen 4 and new components should be here soon. Once we test the new components then I will have a better idea on a full release date for Harleys. Currently right now the only Gen 4s we are sending out are for Beta Testing only. Please remember that on some models there will have to be an Oxygen Sensor Bung welded into the head pipe.

We will help upgrade people to a Gen 4 that purchase a controller from us within the last 2 years (warranty period). Not sure what the upgrade cost will be yet. If you guys have any other questions please let me know.

I sprung for a TFI Gen3 w/the rather beefy discount of 20% for being a HD Talk member, it was a no brainer. If all goes as planned, I should receive the unit August 6th or 7th . . . My A/C will arrive the middle of the following week on the 11th or 12th . . . Its a unit made by Dewey Jelen . . .called the Smooth Stroke . . . no visible external bolt - very nice looking work. The filter is the SE/Heavy Breather style unit . . . I should have a reasonably good Stage One by the end of September . . . at least I hope!

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

Hello Dobeck, I have a Gen3 that was purchased 8-11, I like it but would like to upgrade to a Gen4 if possible. I have a 2011 ultra limited 103 ci. Do you guys have a Gen4 unit ready for my bike yet? Thank you

Sent you a Private Message.

We have released Gen 4 for all Harley Applications. As far as an upgrade from an existing unit, we haven't discussed an upgrade fee or anything yet. Please just give us a call.

Sent you a Private Message.

We have released Gen 4 for all Harley Applications. As far as an upgrade from an existing unit, we haven't discussed an upgrade fee or anything yet. Please just give us a call.

Is the Gen 3 still available for my 2013 Ultra Limited, or do I have to go to Gen 4? Is there any difference other than the gauge and price? How much price difference is there?
Thanks.

Back