free website stats program So after my first 500 miles with a harley impressions/questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

So after my first 500 miles with a harley impressions/questions

The Stealers charge The MOCO back for PDI, much like when they charge you say 400.00 for a 1,000 mile check and only do about half on the list, dont believe hang around a dealer and watch how fast they are on these bikes From my personal observations here, Capital Jack:p

So overall I love the bike. Had some master cylinder leak issues around lid. Caused some paint to come loose around lid. Dealer took care of it replaced lid with a new one. So far so good. Now the bike as far as I know is stock with 8000miles on it now. Seems to me its running a little lean as I am hear some decel pops in the exhaust . I don't know since Harley big vtwins are new to me but I would'nt think it should be popping with a stock system/exhaust. It's not horrible, I heard much worse on other hogs, I used to laugh about it if fact. Seems alot of riders just throw on some loud pipes and never tune them to match. I spent 300.00 + on my old honda shadow to get it matched to my V&H pipes and it never deceled popped. Also it seems to hunt around when crusing less the 40mph, alot of the streets here are 25 mph, and I notice it more around that speed.
So should I take it back to the dealer for a looksee or should I expect this with stock pipes on my 2007 FLSTN. Then whats the first reasonable mod should I do that would'nt void the 900.00+warranty thats good till this time next year. Other the using better and the right kind of oils. Sorry I'm such a noob.
:small3d012:
DECEL? Will someone please tell me what that is?

Also it seems to hunt around when crusing less the 40mph,

I had a terrible lean surge on my bike right from the factory. Holding 2nd gear at say 30 mph, you would feel the bike pull slightly and then relax,,,over and over again. At highway speeds you really could not feel it. I took it back to the dealership and they looked at me like I was crazy. The dealership downloads and tuning will not do much because they only modify WOT A/F cells for the most part. If we are talking about the same thing, for me the engine was just too lean.

Back