free website stats program Snow, Snow, Go away! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow, Snow, Go away!

Our snow has gone for now but i expect to see more before spring but most nights the temp falls below freezing and the gritters are out spreading salt and grit on the roads so i dont take the bikes out when salt on the roads
if it is not too cold i spend some time in the shed with my bikes doing whatever my head has decided is important
However i tend to spend my winter time doing all the household upgrades because i dont want decorating a bedroom to get in the way of riding as good weather is rare here it has to be used to its best advantage

Brian

I'm working on the bike (driving light install, inner fairing paint & exhaust alignment) and going back for more schooling. If you're a vet - can't beat the post 9/11 educational benefits!

Might be time for OP to pick-up a new hobby???

After reading a post about having "PMS" (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome), I pulled the trigger and decide to go stage 1. Now I am waiting for parts, and it makes the waiting even worse. Can't win. Can't wait either :D

The winter is taking its toll on me. I want to ride and mother nature is not cooperating! How do you get through the winter months?

Hey Lucy, I'm sitting in St.Louis as well (High Ridge). I got out twice last week when it was above freezing 37 or so, cold but just had to ride a little. See ya out there

Can't wait for warm weather myself. SC actually got snow this year and the weather has been in the low 30s everytime I am off work. What makes the cold worse is I only work about 12 hous a week.

Should I give myself the POOF ? :lolrolling
Poofclean-1.jpg
Actually when I was reading thru the thread and came upon this post...I figured I would give myself one along with The Tank...in the 50's this morning, sunny and not a cloud in the sky...guess Il'll ride...:hii

As I left work last night it was very cold. Temp was 1 degree with a high of 7 degrees today. So since bike has been parked and covered since Thanksgiving the snow and with this deep freeze ahead, yes you warm weather guys should all get the POOF button.
Maybe this will help us frozen and snowed in guys and gals.....
YouTube - summer 2010 motorcycle ride snippets
Only 57 days till spring!!!!

I was thinking yesterday- I wish they guys that can ride would post a few of thier exploits, so we in the frozen tundra (MD 16 degrees F today) would have something to do while waiting for spring. POOF or not, I wish I could ride. For those that can, please ride for the rest of us.

As I left work last night it was very cold. Temp was 1 degree with a high of 7 degrees today. So since bike has been parked and covered since Thanksgiving the snow and with this deep freeze ahead, yes you warm weather guys should all get the POOF button.
Maybe this will help us frozen and snowed in guys and gals.....
YouTube - summer 2010 motorcycle ride snippets
Only 57 days till spring!!!!

Thanks for the beautiful ride!

Back