free website stats program Snow down south | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow down south

jamesearl

Watching tv and it looks like the folks in Texas are trying to learn how to drive in snow.:) Of course they're highlighting the unsuccessful ones.

West of me and the panhandle get it every winter. We get a little. We just got a dusting this last storm. It never lasts more than a few days. Couple years ago we did get a bunch by Texas standards. Our gravel road still had the packed stuff for a week. That is rare. Even that year I was riding again in two weeks. You had to watch for the crud they throw out for traction though. It's a mix of sand and something else. They claim it isn't salt but I don't trust them. A good wash after to get that ugly white stuff off is a must for me.

I was stationed at Sheppard AFB in the early 70's and it snowed a bunch the winter I arrived, saw a car pulling a guy on skis, I think he had been drinking.

Being from MN, I have seen enough of that white stuff to last me a life time, y'all be care ful and practice defensive driving skills:D

Being from MN, I have seen enough of that white stuff to last me a life time, y'all be care ful and practice defensive driving skills:D

Yeah I'm originally from New York. I was snowed in for 3 weeks following the blizzard of '96. We had to bring in buckets of snow to melt for water to drink and bathe with. It sucked, lol. In a way, I miss getting 5 or 6 feet of snow on a regular basis, but other days I don't miss it at all. In NC, I have been here 7 years and I think the worst snow we had so far was about a foot and a half. Melted in about 2 days time.

Yeah I'm originally from New York. I was snowed in for 3 weeks following the blizzard of '96. We had to bring in buckets of snow to melt for water to drink and bathe with. It sucked, lol. In a way, I miss getting 5 or 6 feet of snow on a regular basis, but other days I don't miss it at all. In NC, I have been here 7 years and I think the worst snow we had so far was about a foot and a half. Melted in about 2 days time.

The Redhead and I flew home last year for Christmas, never again, after being here in Florida going on 17 years now I do not miss the snow or cold:D

The Redhead and I flew home last year for Christmas, never again, after being here in Florida going on 17 years now I do not miss the snow or cold:D

Lol, I know the feeling. I moved to Orlando back in '98 til 2004. When I went back to NY, I was thrown for a loop. I had no longer had any real winter jackets, lol. I got off the plane in Albany and it was -12 degrees that day. When I had left OIA just two hours earlier, it was 75 degrees. so I was really cold...

67 was the worst here.People just abandoning their cars,buses stuck.After we shoveled our walk, it was like a wall of snow.I couldn't see over it,of course I was 9 at the time.A little shorter.

We got a wee bit of the white stuff last week it was only for 1 day then it got warmer and it was all gone
I put the winter wheels on the car 2 weeks back so I am ready for it if it comes

Brian

We have about 6 inches on the ground.....plenty more to come tonight. If the temps stay as cold as they have been, it's going to be a long winter! After plowing the roads here for 34 years, I think I deserve a break. I wonder if I can ask nicely......please don't snow anymore? Like THAT is gonna happen eh? Now after asking that, we will probly break our record of over 310 inches....oh well, we take what we get.

BRIAN

Back