free website stats program Snow Day for the Southeast | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow Day for the Southeast

revok1200

I know many of you deal with this stuff regularly, but today in southeastern NC (at the beach) we are taking a snow day. Have had about 5" in less than four hours.

Loving the winter weather but the best part is we will be riding again within a couple days.

Attachments

• IMG00220-20110110-1112.jpg
    IMG00220-20110110-1112.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 43
Called my Dad this morning. He is in Greenville, NC. He thought he moved away from Pittsburgh, Pa. to get away from snow and cold.

Maybe there is something to global warming afterall? Maybe in a few years all of you up north can ride year round. I am originally from NY and have enjoyed being able to ride all 12 months.

That would suit me just fine. Especially, since bike was parked 2nd week of November. Only 69 days till spring........

There you guys go with that 4 letter word SNOW, you should be banned:newsmile100:

Jack your to funny. How about sending some hot weather up here if you can find it down south. Global warming???????

Jack your to funny. How about sending some hot weather up here if you can find it down south. Global warming???????

If I could I would, have to check with Al Gore first, it is at least 10 degrees off here too Global Warming Yeah Right:newsmile100:

Snowing/icing here in Greensboro. And as been already stated, I'll prob be riding by Wed....Thurs at the latest. I ride year round and my credo has always been: If it's not raining, snowing or black ice when I leave in the morning....I'm riding. I don't mind coming home in the rain, but it's just the start of a miserable day if you start out wet. Tracy

Snowing/icing here in Greensboro. And as been already stated, I'll prob be riding by Wed....Thurs at the latest. I ride year round and my credo has always been: If it's not raining, snowing or black ice when I leave in the morning....I'm riding. I don't mind coming home in the rain, but it's just the start of a miserable day if you start out wet. Tracy

I have my own rule of thumb as well when it comes to winter riding, I will do cold, and I will do wet, but don't do wet and cold together, and I try never to do ice, healing process to slow nowadays if I go down.

Here in Atlanta it has been bad today. This is the first time since I have been here in 10 years that our office officially closed Monday and Tuesday. 5 inches of snow and then freezing rain on top of it has crippled the area. Can't wait until spring.

Back