free website stats program Snow and iowa | Harley Davidson Forums

Snow and iowa

BOWHIKER

Just wondering how many people in this forum are from iowa and if you're getting tired of all the snow we've been getting ? At the rate we're going it'll be july before all this snow is gone ! Not really but it sure seems like it . I know for sure it will at least be the end of april before it's all gone . Heck even texas is getting snow this year , unbelievable .:(

My heart goes out to you guys who get really full-on winters:(. We moan about a few weeks of snow (a few inches - maybe drifts up to a couple of feet in the worst hit areas) but you fellas in the mid west (and elsewhere by the sound of things) get SERIOUS snow. I feel disgruntled enough as it is loosing a few weeks riding due to snow or road salt so I can imagine how gut wrenching it must be to put your scoots away for almost half the year. I suppose you all buy snow mobiles to have some fun on in the white stuff - or take up cross country skiing.......

This sort of winter really adds to the dissenting voices about global warming doesn't it!

Last year and this year have been pretty bad, every time I get everything clean down to the pavement, it snows again. It might only be an inch or two, but you still have to go out and shovel it. From what I here on the news we may surpass last years totals.

07-08 76.2 inches 08-09 78.7 inches

Snow is definitely getting old fast... I bet if you asked the folks in the south they'd say that global warming is a joke. Even Canada can't keep enough snow on the ground for the Olympics.

Ummm...that's just BC. The rest of Canada has more than enough. I'm trying to find a way to ship what I have out there. Incidently, here in Manitoba it's not the snowfall that hard to deal with, it's the wind. Probably the same in Iowa, ND, etc. I live rural and absolutley depend on my 4x4 truck. On the plus side the temps are suppose to be just below freezing for the next week.

Portugal is a all year great weather.

The town I live never snows, is by the sea.

And usually I ride all months but this winter is the worst I can remember.
Raining like england and cold temperatures.

Last Sunday I ride about 80 miles till the afternoon and when I came home I was so cold that I cannot felt my legs.

By da way: anyone knows some underpants thermal cloth?

Guys,I live in South Jersey about 25 or so miles from Phila.Pa. and believe it or we've gotten more snow this year than Buffalo,NY

Portugal is a all year great weather.

The town I live never snows, is by the sea.

And usually I ride all months but this winter is the worst I can remember.
Raining like england and cold temperatures.

Last Sunday I ride about 80 miles till the afternoon and when I came home I was so cold that I cannot felt my legs.

By da way: anyone knows some underpants thermal cloth?

You sir live in a Beautiful Country. I spent some time there and I agree the weather was always perfect.

Back