free website stats program SMS issues with Boom Box 6.5GT | Harley Davidson Forums

SMS issues with Boom Box 6.5GT

FLHXSrider

Contributor
Is anyone else having issues receiving notifications for SMS text messages? I thought I would be able to find a ton of posts on this when I did a search but nothing came up (at least for the words I searched). I realize the bike won't display them while your moving but it should be able to read them out to you. I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.3 (I know H-D says it's compatible with 6.3 but I don't think that's the issue as it didn't work with that update on another iPhone 5S I tried). I have upgraded the Boom Box to 1.18.3. I have "Show notifications" on for the H-D Radio under the Bluetooth setup. Although it was a bit tricky, I got it to work on my Honda Civic so I hope H-D can at least keep up with them

I forgot to mention that I have gone through the setup on the Boom Box for SMS too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to a recent thread suggesting updates to our posts on problems experienced, I can get this to work on occasion (it seems to matter which Boom Box update I'm using) where it will read the message while I'm riding or display it when I'm stopped. It's hardly consistent and can't be relied upon to say the least. I'm hopeful someday it will work permanently. I'm currently using update 1.19.1.

Back