free website stats program smog | Harley Davidson Forums

smog

What do they do to "SMOG" a bike? Don't think I've heard this term before.

What starts on the left coast goes to the right coast.. Remember the articles about noise testing in regard to loud exhast in Calif.? Its only a matter of time..

I'm afraid your right dbmg. Are all cars and trucks tested in Sacremento and they are just adding bikes?

What they do is make sure the bike has the stock pipes and stock carb. and air cleaner on it and no power camander.This is just the start,And yes its coming your way.Its for bikes 2000 on up.

Yes pretty much of ca. has veh.smogged and their doing it now in reno and tahoe,so its just a matter of time everybody will be doing it.thats what i was told.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Arizona county of Maricopa which is the county that the Phoenix metropolitan area is in we already have had for many years now emissions testing of motorcycles. They don't inspection the pipes and air breather for OEM or EPA compliance but only for now the testing of how well the motor burns the fuel is the focus.

Equipment compliance will probably be next. I still have my original pipes and air breather so I will ready to switch it back for the inspection. It is coming.

And if it follows the same way as cars, there will stiff fines and penalties imposed for tampering with emission control devices.

What starts on the left coast goes to the right coast.. Remember the articles about noise testing in regard to loud exhast in Calif.? Its only a matter of time..

Got to Agree here and would add I bet there to be a Big push for Mandatory Helmet law changes

Back